iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » 80`s friends.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 80`s friends.
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Today we move around a lot.New friends comes and goes along with new jobs etc as time goes by.So how is it like for you?Do you still hang out with any of your friends from that golden era?I have one childhood friend from that decade.Whenever we hang out,we often fool around with our 80`s slang,and sharing some pretty funny inside jokes/stories from times long gone by now.We were some rebels back then and best friends.And we were always looking for a good time.So we have a lot of funny/crazy stories to look back at when we finally meet.I just talked to him a few days back,and he remarked that he felt just like he used to do back then in the 80`s.A bit more experienced of course.But the spirit is still 80`s.But,anyway..That goes for me as well.It`s nice to get together with him,and talk about those teen years.And all the things we were up to at that small moment in time.

So have you still contacts with anyone from back then?How is it like?

Cheers

[ 01. September 2008, 15:31: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still friends with a lot of people from my childhood, including my best friend. Well, she's my BF now, but we hated each other in kindergarten, LOL. It's nice to relive old times...sometimes, that is, not all the time. I have another friend who liked the same cartoons and stuff that I did, so we talk about that.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm lucky, I pretty much still keep in contact with most of my good HS and university friends. Even though a lot have families now and live in different locations we still keep in touch.

I was hesitiant when it first came on the scene, but I finally joined Facebook about three weeks ago. It's been a trip thus far with some people coming out of the woodwork who I haven't really heard from since High School ended. Saturday night one of my best buds from HS came for a buddy's bacehlor party, saw him for a bit and we reminisced about what we were up to in the halycon 80's era.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see probably about 90% of my friends from elementary school, high school, and college. My ex-best friend from elementary school and I don't talk anymore because of a family dispute. I hadn't talked to him in probably 15 years.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't talk to anyone from high school. I actually graduated with 2 of my cousins, and my one cousin was my best friend ...and I don't even see her...they live 2 hours from me...and when we were in high school...she and I dated 2 brothers. We were juniors when they were seniors. The guy she dated, who was my boyfriend's brother...he always liked me...and he said he double dated with us, just so he could hang around me...so my cousin ended up hating me over that-it wasn't my fault- he and I stayed friends up until when I got married-which I pretty much broke his heart when I did that-because he and I were always together almost every weekend, but we were never like boyfriend/girlfriend. My cousin and I made up for awhile....but she always was really jealous of me...and she did crazy stuff...like stalked me for awhile...so even after all that....I still would be nice to her...but she still lives at home with her parents and her sister...and she's 40 years old now...and they never seemed to grow up..so I don't have anything in common with them any more. She has 0 friends now...her sister called me a few weeks ago...I hadn't talked to her in over a year.

My other best friends...have moved out of the area..I tried to stay in contact with people...there's only 1 person I write to every once in awhile from my class.

Most of my friends weren't in my grade, and most of my high school friends were guys...so since we are all married now...I don't talk to them.

Now...right after high school...my friend who was my roommate at travel school...she and I are still friends...I just talked to her the other day about how on earth can she have a daughter that is the age we were when we met ...and her daughter just went off to college. My friend will be here Saturday night for my 40th birthday party. She has never changed either...she looks actually younger now than she did 20 years ago.
She and I talk about the 80's alot, because we had an apartment together then for several years-and we had the most fun ever...it feels like a dream sometimes...that all the stuff we did was like part of a movie and that we can't believe we fit in all the things we did, and met as many people as we did.

Most of my friends I have now...I have met since I moved to the town I live in now, but they are the best friends I have ever had.

I have alot of really good girlfriends now...I feel very lucky.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still see and talk to a few of my friends from high school. Some I have just recently got back in touch with and it has been great. Just like old times.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I lost contact with all of my childhood and high school friends years ago. I'm still pretty close with a lot of my friends from college, though.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
None really. Well, one... I've known him since we was like 5 years old, and he lives about 200 yards from me. But we rarely talk much anymore... just the occasional text message... "hey, how you doin'?" type stuff. People just outgrow each other or drift apart. I don't think there is any reason to cling on to someone you grew up with, if you don't really have anything to talk about.

I use to have tons of friends, girlfriends, parties all the time, but at some point that stuff became less important to me. If they are just acquaintances and not real friends, who needs them. I remember I had 167 names and numbers on my cell phone about five years ago. Now I have a little under twenty, but they all matter.

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bandit,

I keep in touch with some "good" friends from the 80s. Some are harder to keep in touch with than others, but, that's life. Whenever I go home for a visit I try to get together with at least a couple of friends. Yes, ALWAYS talk about the old days and the good times we had. I was pretty crazy back then. It's a wonder I never got arrested! Came close a couple of times... [Smile]

Good topic my friend...

Be well,

- jdoc

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm in regular contact with one friend from high school, we have been friends now for 23 years. Thanks to Facebook I've been in touch with a few others, but as they are living all over the place it's been limited to messaging.

Next year is my 20th reunion, and also the 100th anniversary of my high school. There are big celebrations planned for March, including a couple of dinners, a ****tail party, tours of the school, books and inscribed pavers with students names to be laid in the walkways.

I've been helping out the committee by finding classmates via Facebook and MySpace... thank god for the internet!
Oddly enough, I found one last week when I was at work... I was helping an older gentleman print some photos and I noticed his surname, so I asked if he knew a girl I was at school with by the same surname. It turned out that he was her father, so he gave me her address. What a small world!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home