iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » The best HDMI cables for the money

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The best HDMI cables for the money
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello fellow rewinders...

I mentioned in another thread the importance of HDMI cables, and, buying them at a discount.

Here's what I've found during my research of HDMI cables and DVD media... I hope some of you find this useful. Please post any feedback you'd like to. Like I have to tell you that... [Razz]

HDMI cables on the cheap:

First of all, I too bought the "expensive" $100.00 HDMI cables made by Monster Cables. Then I read about these cables from monoprice.com. I ordered a set, tried them to compare the difference between these $13.00 cables versus the $100.00 cables. There was NO DIFFERENCE!!!! So I bought the Monster Cables back to the store for a refund.

I use these cables and have NEVER had a problem with them.

My pick for most HDTV setups that don't require more than 6ft of cable, and, require Male to Male Cable. They also sell every other type and length of HDMI cable i.e. flat type, male to female etc...

FYI,

Question: These cables say "For In-Wall Use." Does that mean they can only be used in wall?
What is CL2?

Answer: "For In-Wall Use" refers to the CL2 rating these cables receive from Underwriters Laboratories (UL). It means that these cables have a slow burning outer jacket, should meet most fire codes and are safe for in-wall installations.

The CL2 rating does not affect the appearance or performance of the cables. They can be used in or out of wall.

Premium 24AWG HDMI 1.3a Category 2 Certified Male to Male Cable. $13.27

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=102&cp_id=10240&cs_id=1024004&p_id=3658&seq=1&format=4#feedback

Please read the review about this cable on this website and also check google:

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/monoprice
http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_14_1/monoprice-cables-1-2007.html
http://www.soundadviceblog.com/?p=624

[ 31. July 2008, 12:39: Message edited by: Nick ]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I get them for a little more than that in Home Depot. As they used to say in Zelda, It's a secret to everybody.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good deal...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i wish i knew about this before i bought my hdmi monster cables for my television. now i know.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home