iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » I'm sick of Will Ferrell

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm sick of Will Ferrell
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's very funny but he makes way too many movies that all look alike. He needs to branch out more and try something new whether it works or not. Jim Carrey at least did The Truman Show and The Cable Guy at about the same time in his career that Ferrell is at now.

Overkill is not a good road to follow there Will. Show some guts and quit catering to the 14-15 year olds.

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with you on Ferrell.

But to be fair with him, didn't he make a movie (don't remember the title right now) that was similar to Jim Carrey in "Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind"? That was about the closest he came to a "serious" movie he's done.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Stranger than fiction" featured Will Ferrel as a man who could hear a narrator describing his every thought and action.

IMO, the best Will Ferrel movie is Anchorman... it's just so bizarre!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, I want say that I agree that Will Ferrell appears to be a one trick naked guy, but you have to admit that "Old School" was a riot.

[ 26. July 2008, 22:05: Message edited by: Valley ]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a Will Ferrell fan, I can also see Sam's point. Stranger than Fiction was a decent movie and a change from Ferrell's usual dimwitted roles. My faves would have to be Talledega Nights and Old School. That scene in Talledega Nights where he thinks he's on fire asking Tom Cruise to "use his witchcraft to help him" makes me laugh everytime........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Ferrell period.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For me his best role was Mustafa in the Austin Powers films; you do have appreciate a mid-level henchman who doesn't just keel over instantly when killed--albeit at much personal cost ("I am in an extraordinarily large amount of pain down here."). Other than that, however, he seems to have been blinded by that $20 million per film paycheck, as so many others have before and always will (he has in fact been rated the worst star at handing out autographs, which doesn't speak well for him off camera either), and when your basic reportoire seems to consist of as many variation as possible of whining at the top of one's lungs about how you can't make love, you can understand why most of the nation with modest intelligence would love to throw him off the Sears Tower right now. Even his turn in Elf, admittedly fairly good, was sunk by his apparent insistence to bring in material wholly unsuited for family viewing (that and a script that refused to break with formula). So unless he changes his tune, gets new writers, and looks to play something other than a useless loser who acts like a 2 year old when he doesn't get his way, he'll find himself on skid row sooner than he can imagine.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Anchorman remains my most quoted movie of the past decade. "It's so hot, milk was a bad choice".

Great stuff.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've gotta' have MORE cowbell... [Big Grin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhSkRHXTKlw

[ 28. July 2008, 09:40: Message edited by: jdocster04 ]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im not a HUGE fan, but I loaughed my *** off during BLADES OF GLORY.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never really considered myself a Will Ferrell fan, even though I like some of his movies. Old School was really funny, and I also liked Talladega Nights (course, that could be b/c of the whole racing aspect). Sometimes I'll watch one of his movies and think it'll be funny (like Elf, for instance) and then wind up not liking it. Stepbrothers looks good, but I wonder how funny it will really turn out to be.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Old School was great and A Night At The Roxbury:
(some strong language)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw3bPUOE47s&feature=related

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HvJO6W7MFMI

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sam 'The Made Man' Hain:
He's very funny but he makes way too many movies that all look alike. He needs to branch out more and try something new whether it works or not. Jim Carrey at least did The Truman Show and The Cable Guy at about the same time in his career that Ferrell is at now.

Overkill is not a good road to follow there Will. Show some guts and quit catering to the 14-15 year olds.

So true.
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen Stepbrothers? I saw a trailer for it this morning and whilst it does look like typical Ferrell fare I actually quite like the look of it. I think Ferrell and Reilly work really well off each other.

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've heard it's pretty funny. It's doing well at the box-office too!
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
I will definitely see it at some point. My list of "must see" movies is so long, that one will have to wait awhile.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stepbrothers was hilarious! I saw it over the weekend. The funniest part was the interviewing scene.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home