iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » high school reunions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: high school reunions
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone attended that?If so,how was it like?I got an invitation a few years back.But i did not go.However i do see some fellow class mates once in a while.Funny how i still see them exactly the same way today as 20 years ago.Little less hair maybe [Big Grin] Even though i`m pretty sure they all has changed a lot,i still get that feeling of were i belong amongst them. [Eek!] I don`t like that feeling much.

I`ll stay away from the next college reunion coming up soon as well i think.If none of you can change my mind that is.
[Wink]

[ 25. July 2008, 08:03: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you should go. I think you should go all out as well.

Wear clothes that you wore back at school. And I don't mean clothes like you wore back then - I mean the actual clothes, whether they were designed for someone a foot shorter, sixty pounds lighter, or even designed with a cheerleader in mind.....

Use phrases that you used back then in conversation. Exclusively. Go up to your old math tutor, as he is hunched over his walking frame, and shout "Yo dude! Surf's up!" into his hearing aid. Make sure that you tell everyone that they are "your momma" and that you think they are either "bad", "like, totally radical, man", or "lookin' gooood"....

Sneak a half-bottle of bourbon in with you, and keep taking secretive sips from it (even though there will be plenty of alcohol available anyway). If anyone sees you and asks what you are doing, the stock answer must be "me? I ain't doing nuthin', man!"....

Above all, NEVER take off your shades.....

[ 25. July 2008, 08:30: Message edited by: P.S. It's Paul.... ]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by P.S. It's Paul....:
I think you should go. I think you should go all out as well.

Wear clothes that you wore back at school. And I don't mean clothes like you wore back then - I mean the actual clothes, whether they were designed for someone a foot shorter, sixty pounds lighter, or even designed with a cheerleader in mind.....

Use phrases that you used back then in conversation. Exclusively. Go up to your old math tutor, as he is hunched over his walking frame, and shout "Yo dude! Surf's up!" into his hearing aid. Make sure that you tell everyone that they are "your momma" and that you think they are either "bad", "like, totally radical, man", or "lookin' gooood"....

Sneak a half-bottle of bourbon in with you, and keep taking secretive sips from it (even though there will be plenty of alcohol available anyway). If anyone sees you and asks what you are doing, the stock answer must be "me? I ain't doing nuthin', man!"....

Above all, NEVER take off your shades.....

Thanks for the advice P.S. It's Paul.. [Big Grin] I suspect that bourbon would be essential for that plan to work out. (better make it a whole bottle just in case)But still a very cool idea [Wink]
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never been to a school reunion, however, I still see and talk to a few of my friends from back then.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you have to actually graduate high school to attend the reunion? I mean I'm not asking for myself, but for my uncle Thornton. You see he's been working on a new dive he wants to show everyone....he calls it the Triple Mancini....wait that's not it.....Triple Muffster?....yeah that....no....

I highly recommend attending your class reunions. I had a total blast at mine.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lloyd_Dobler
Senior Rewinder
Member # 7119

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Lloyd_Dobler   Email Lloyd_Dobler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 20-year is two weeks from tomorrow. I definitey plan on going. I went to my 10-year and had a blast.
Posts: 64 | From: Renton, WA | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My 20 year reunion is coming up next year, I don't know if I'll go. I didn't go to the 10 year reunion, and by the sounds of it, I didn't miss much.
But next year is also my high schools 100th anniversary, so there will be a lot of celebrations going on. In fact, my high school is one of the 4 oldest high schools in Australia.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went to my 10 year reunion, and my husband said everyone I graduated with acted like they were still in high school. I was busy doing something else at all my other ones. We have a class website...with pictures from the reunions, and a messageboard...I have posted stuff on there, but nobody else ever does. When I saw the pictures of everyone from the reunion...I couldn't believe how old they all looked. Especially the guy I had a major crush on.. my senior year...he had to have gained 50 lbs. or more. Nobody looked the same.

I only keep in touch with 1 person I graduated with.

I actually had 2 cousins that graduated with me, and I don't even talk to them any more either.

I tried for years to maintain relationships with people, but it didn't work.

I went to Colonial Williamsburg with my high school best friend, so since I am going now with my family...I thought it would be nice to contact her again, but I haven't got around to it.

I might go to the next reunion....but I don't feel like I know those people any more.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never have, never will... I was probably the Hardy Jenns, Nick Hauser, Johnny Lawrence of my HS, that being the bully, and a total ******* to many people! I feel pretty bad about it today, and I don't think that any of the people I tormented back then have any desire to ever see my face again.
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by JAYLEE:
Never have, never will... I was probably the Hardy Jenns, Nick Hauser, Johnny Lawrence of my HS, that being the bully, and a total ******* to many people! I feel pretty bad about it today, and I don't think that any of the people I tormented back then have any desire to ever see my face again.

Ok,so you were the tough one JAYLEE [Wink] Maybe you got a better reason to give it a try than me after all.I`m sure your classmates would appreciate it a lot.Let them know who you are today.People always make mistakes.The ones that acknowledges that all by them self get an a+ in my book any day.

Be well

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually ran in to one of the guys that I use to pick on, at a gas station a few years back, I said HI to him, and he just looked away... man, nothing like the unrequited greeting! Another guy I saw just last week in a supermarket, he totally ignored me, and I know he saw me. He was the fat kid in class, and let's just say that I never let him forget it back then. I actually totally understand their reaction. Me and my friends were the kings and queens of that school for three years, and were more feared than respected for sure! It's funny how you can be such a *******, and not even realize how much you are hurting other people! Watched a program on tv, about school bullying a while back, and when they interviewed some of the kids who were victims of it, I got a stomach ache and a lump in my throat! I never knew how much they were affected by it, and I felt like **** for days, even though it had been 14 years!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
Next time you see him.Tell him to his face.And and apologize for being a jerk back then.I wish some of my bully`s would have the guts to do that.

Actually one did.And i can relate to him today.Even understanding him.I was always an outsider,but i could handle myself physical.But all the remarks did make an impact what so ever.

No gut`s no glory.

Stay cool,stay 80`s all the way.

Cheers.

[ 26. July 2008, 11:33: Message edited by: bandit ]

JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
I actually wanted to say sorry to both those guys, but with them being so stand off'ish, the whole thing just felt so akward! If I ever see any of my "victims" again, I will definitely work up the nerve to just approach and apologize. But im not really doing it for me, im doing it for them, to maybe make them feel better. If they rather be left alone, that's cool!
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
Inside joke:Trodde ikke det var noen bøller i Danmark.Jeg har kun gode minner fra mine turer der.Traff ikke på deg da [Cool] [Karate Kid] Glad/lei meg jeg ikke gjorde det [Wink]

Når alt kommer til alt,så er vi kun mennesker.Min filosofi er at vi gjør det beste ut av den tiden vi har fått.Dette er alt vi har å forholde oss til etter min mening.Å innrømme egne feil,viser karakterstyrke.Then we just die.That`s it

MVH

Bandit.

[ 26. July 2008, 12:36: Message edited by: bandit ]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaylee-My son is being homeschooled because of bullying...not just by students but also by teachers. People don't realize how much they do effect someone by just their mannerisims. So many people end up with really poor self esteem issues because of something some one said to them...and they beat themselves up for life over it....so I agree with Bandit...if you ever get the chance...tell the person that your sorry...because that validation of telling the person that you don't even know why you picked on them...that might really help that person....it sure wouldn't hurt them.

My son had girls that stalked him, and broke in to his locker...he had one girl that pinched him, and called him names, she even spit in his face ...and I know that girl had severe behavioral problems...but nobody did anything about her...and they never got her help, and my kid ended up being miserable because of her...she'd tell him she hoped he got hit by a bus, or that he had an asthma attack and died...and he'd say...what did I ever do to her? I could tell him all day long that she had problems, and to over look it...but when you don't even know why a person would be mean to you for no reason, it's hard to understand what's wrong with them...the person being bullied thinks there's something wrong with them.

It is great that you are different now, and you don't treat people that way any more...I think that's awesome...people can change for the better...sometimes people don't know any better because they have been picked on and bullied and they just pass it along...but it is great to know that it doesn't have to continue and be a vicious cycle. So, I think it's awesome that you acknowledge your actions, and have done something about it. Good job.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by halekido:
My 20-year is two weeks from tomorrow. I definitey plan on going. I went to my 10-year and had a blast.

Have fun [Wink]
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Until summer of '89, I attended the German School in Tokyo, Japan. Everybody from my class scattered in all directions around the globe after leaving Japan, so we haven't seen much of each other since then, but most of us somehow kept in touch over the years.

Last year, we finally managed to organize a class reunion - it was soooo much fun, I really had a wonderful time! It's so funny to look at all these "grown ups" and still see in them the goofy 15-year-olds from back then. And even though of course everyone has changed over the years, somehow nothing much has changed between us and the way we were so comfortable around each other. It really was great!

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
Good for you deathbystereo80 [Wink]

As i mentioned i were always an outsider.And i`m not sure i will go. I just instantly get that old feeling back around them [Confused] On the other side,there is a few i would like to have a serious chat with.Maybe also some butt kicking involved in the process [Wink]

Better stay home i think....

jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd love to go to my 25th. There was no 20th. I don't know who organizes these things. Anybody know who does this???

Thanks...

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first reunion coming up in a couple of weeks we left in 1990 so will be weird seeing alot of the old faces again.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home