iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Storm clouds June 19 2008

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Storm clouds June 19 2008
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not entertainment based but feel these were too cool not to share. These were taken with my camera phone this past Saturday at approximately 7:30PM.

This first one was looking to the northeast. This particular cloud was responsible for some tennis ball sized hail

-

This second one was looking to the northwest. Not much came from this one except some strong winds and rain. It actually looked much cooler in person because the clouds were swirling around pretty good.

-

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, That looks like Kansas City over the past two months... Tornado's, hail, flooding.... Bad
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sunday Night....Right Before we went to see The Dark Knight...we had a Dark Night here, and a HUGE wind storm came through here, and busted this tree out in my back yard...it just missed our grape arbor, and landed in my neighbor's yard....it turned out it was on the land of the people who live above me...but it never touched my arbor....it kind of wrapped itself around it...I could not believe it...only a few years ago....I had issues with my other neighbor, and I giant 200 year old tree landed on their house and crushed it in...now this year...my other neighbor has been a jerk to us ever since we put a waterfall and pond out back....so I feel like what comes around goes around:

-

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
We had another wicked storm here last night, and it's raining now.

I took a picture the other week that I loved how the sky looked, I took this picture right off my back deck:

-

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice pics....The power of Mother Nature.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Sunday Night....Right Before we went to see The Dark Knight...we had a Dark Night here, and a HUGE wind storm came through here, and busted this tree out in my back yard...it just missed our grape arbor, and landed in my neighbor's yard....it turned out it was on the land of the people who live above me...but it never touched my arbor....it kind of wrapped itself around it...I could not believe it...only a few years ago....I had issues with my other neighbor, and I giant 200 year old tree landed on their house and crushed it in...now this year...my other neighbor has been a jerk to us ever since we put a waterfall and pond out back....so I feel like what comes around goes around:

-

So, I'll be nice to you because I don't want a tree to fall on my house... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just realized that the title should read July 19 instead of June 19
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One from me.You can see the storm approaching,including some rain to the right.I won two photo contests with this image,one included a new camera as the first price.

The funniest thing though,This is my actually view just 1 feet away from my pc monitor [Cool] I look out this window all day [Wink]

-

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow! I definitely have to go to Norway. That is awesome.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
bandit....

That is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!

-

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I love that photo...you are so good at photography...you should be a professional...that picture is one of the coolest things I have ever seen...it's no wonder you won with it. You are so lucky to have that view.
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One more,same scene.I just couln`t help myself sorry.Struck about 200meters from the house.Dogs and cat`s did that whole "duck and cover"Routine.

-

Be well.

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bandit:
One from me.You can see the storm approaching,including some rain to the right.I won two photo contests with this image,one included a new camera as the first price.

The funniest thing though,This is my actually view just 1 feet away from my pc monitor [Cool] I look out this window all day [Wink]

-

i can't understand why you would ever want to leave your home with a view like that.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
I really love my childhood area.

Sure it`s fun to visit other places,but when it comes down to it,i just belong right here.There you go.

Stay cool,stay 80`s

Bandit

[ 28. July 2008, 10:35: Message edited by: bandit ]

deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow bandit, those pictures are absolutely amazing!! I've so far only managed to visit Denmark and Sweden, but I think I'd move to any part of Scandinavia in a heartbeat. Absolutely beautiful!
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
You just missed out on the best part deathbystereo80.Denmark and Sweden are great,I love both countrys a lot.but the scenery over here in Norway is just outstanding [Wink]
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I know... I've heard so much about Norway. I have been thinking about going on one of those Hurtig Ruten postal ships to get a first impression. Have you ever done that? Can you recommend it?
Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
You are thinking about Hurtigruten yes.Never did that myself.Just to expensive.But sure something to remember if you can afford it.Be sure to bring along a lot of $ though.

Be well.

bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by bandit:
You are thinking about Hurtigruten yes.Never did that myself.Just to expensive.But sure something to remember if you can afford it.Be sure to bring along a lot of $ though.

Be well.

However if you ever come around these parts.A grand tour in my 10feet boat on the fjord is of course required,also totally free on the house.
[Big Grin]

LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Here's the scene I saw coming out of Busch Gardens..the other night...it seemed very "80's" to me, with the pink and blues...it looked like cotton candy.

-

records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a bunch of pics they are. There was a storm about 3 in the morning here in England, Nr the city of Leeds on the 30th of July. The dog woke me up beacuse he sleeps under my bed; he was scared, jumped on top of me and then the storm kept me awake afterwards!!!

Those pics are ace Bandit. What a view you have. I love the landscape. You ever visited Englands Lake district or the Northen Pennines? they are beautiful. [Smile]

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by records1black:
What a bunch of pics they are. There was a storm about 3 in the morning here in England, Nr the city of Leeds on the 30th of July. The dog woke me up beacuse he sleeps under my bed; he was scared, jumped on top of me and then the storm kept me awake afterwards!!!

Those pics are ace Bandit. What a view you have. I love the landscape. You ever visited Englands Lake district or the Northen Pennines? they are beautiful. [Smile]

Thanks records1black [Smile]

No i`m retarded uhm retired i mean [Wink] (that english again)So i can`t afford much travel anymore.I would like to get the chance one day though.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home