iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Games

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Games
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What games did you play in the 80's? What do you play now?

My brother and I used to play a lot of Trouble, we also loved Sorry. We played Ludo a lot, which I only recently found out is what those in the USA call Parcheesi.

I used to play Trivial Pursuit with my folks when they had friends over for dinner, and we'd often play The Oz Game (don't ask)...
My folks also taught me to play 21, 500, Canasta and other card games.

Lately my partner and I have been playing a lot of games. We are addicted to a card game called Phase 10, has anyone heard of it?

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/MAD-MAGAZINE-CARD-GAME-1980-COMPLETE_W0QQitemZ130240546839QQihZ003QQcategoryZ2530QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This was my favorite board game:

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-PARKER-PAY-DAY-GAME-1975-FAMILY-BOARD-GAME-NICE_W0QQitemZ110271835214QQihZ001QQcategoryZ2530QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I loved this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ideal-Toys-Jaws-Game-Box-Very-good-condition_W0QQitemZ190238097280QQihZ009QQcategoryZ2530QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Do you guys remember these dolls?

http://cgi.ebay.com/HONEY-HILL-BUNCH-LIL-KID-9097-MATTEL-1975-NRFB-MINT_W0QQitemZ270256481796QQihZ017QQcategoryZ335QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ludo was loads of fun.Trivial Pursuit as well.I was also a huge video game fan for many years.Started of with Pong and space invaders in the arcades.Then i kept the interest over the years.Lot`s of them.Metal gear solid and the Zelda series sure comes to mind amongst so many others.However i always hated card games [Razz]

2 years ago i just completely lost the interest in video gaming. [Confused] It must be the age.

[ 23. July 2008, 10:17: Message edited by: bandit ]

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have a commodore Amiga 500!!!! with games like Lemmings and Street fighter. Even Lotus. I love that computer it was my 1st one.

The msic on some of the video games wasn't to bad either, but the graphics are awful now. Still the overall game play is brilant on some of the games I have for the Amiga.

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Board games we played alot were: Monopoly, Trivial Pursuit, Chess, Connect 4, Battleship, Chutes and Ladders, Kismit(like Yahtzee), Operation, Candyland.
I was also an avid video game player. Would spend hours and tons of quarters in arcades. And don't forget the Atari.
In the 90's, it was all about Mortal Kombat for me. When MK2 came out, I would be on that machine for what seemed like days at times. There would be crowds around that game wherever I went.
Nowadays, I enjoy adventure, strategy, problem-solving type video games.

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played "quarters" a lot! [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a bid on my favorite board game...after seeing this topic today...I finally found the game on Ebay.....

It the Peanutbutter and Jelly Board game....it's the one from 1971.

I could never find it.....at least I know what I am looking for now.

I collect vintage board games.

I am looking for a checkers set like I had when I was a kid...it was a big rug that had huge checkers that went with it. We use to play with it all the time.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I remember my brother loved his Big Wheel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjTAA_da97w&feature=related

80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

the Peanutbutter and Jelly Board game....it's the one from 1971.

Never heard of that one...when the game is over, does the winner get to eat it? [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My cousin taught me how to play beer pong when I was 16 and visiting him at college. Quite possibly my favorite game and still is today......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
My favorite drinking games are ***hole and Chandeliers.  -

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We used to play cards, and, during the game you could not say anyone's name or point at them. If you did, you drank... [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jdocster04:

Just be careful of the quarter's game from the movie "Class". Did you play standard bounce or roll it off your nose bounce?

We had an arcade that was biking distance from our houses called "Cheap Thrills". They had all the classics!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Just be careful of the quarter's game from the movie "Class". Did you play standard bounce or roll it off your nose bounce?

We had an arcade that was biking distance from our houses called "Cheap Thrills". They had all the classics!

Good point. Actually we played all kinds of versions of quarters. My favorite was when we were in a bar (has to be circular or perpendicular type)and your friends would be across from you. Then, you would bounce the quarter off of your bar and get it in their glass. I was pretty good at it...

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:

quote:

Good point. Actually we played all kinds of versions of quarters. My favorite was when we were in a bar (has to be circular or parallel type)and your friends would be across from you. Then, you would bounce the quarter off of your bar and get it in their glass. I was pretty good at it...
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tripledog dare ya......huh...nevermind.

Anyone ever play "Truth or Dare"?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:

Anyone ever play "Truth or Dare"?

Who hasn't? How about 7 minutes in heaven or spin the bottle? If you didn't play these as youngsters, you were missing out.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
I played them all...still do... [Wink] [Wink] [Razz]
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley asked:
quote:
...Anyone ever play "Truth or Dare"?
I had never heard of the game until I saw the Madonna documentary movie of that same name!
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
records1black
Master Rewinder
Member # 7105

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for records1black   Author's Homepage   Email records1black   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I played it as a kid but never as an adult. Truth or dare, it was soo funy coz most of the time people opted for dares, so it was usually things like, knock and door run. What a dare that was with neighboors chasing and shouting after you. I think it is soooooo rude to do anything like that know of course, but we were all kids once.

I had a borad game called Buck a roo and give the dog a bone. Guess who was a good one, but I was more for Computers and consoles. Mega drives and Nintendos anyone remember those?

Posts: 180 | From: England | Registered: Jun 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home