iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Eric Stoltz

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eric Stoltz
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching some movies starring Eric Stoltz recently. And I was thinking how talented he is, he's an amazing actor. Does anyone else feel he maybe quite underrated?
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think so. Although back in the day he had a reputation for being somewhat serious and 'method' about things - which is why he was fired from Back to the Future.

However, he did appear in some weak movies too, which might not have helped him as far as 'star status' went.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had read that he is "difficult" to work with on set, so that may have been a setback. I haven't seen him in anything in years. I thought his best work was Mask.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he mellowed over the years, and apparently see's himself back in the 80's as being somewhat foolish, but nonetheless - he still managed to make some classics... and lose out on one of the biggest movies of all time...

Though having said that, I think he would have been great in BttF. As would the Directors' other choice; C Thomas Howell. I think both would have worked well... although MJF was obviously the perfect choice!

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
I think he mellowed over the years, and apparently see's himself back in the 80's as being somewhat foolish, but nonetheless - he still managed to make some classics... and lose out on one of the biggest movies of all time...

Though having said that, I think he would have been great in BttF. As would the Directors' other choice; C Thomas Howell. I think both would have worked well... although MJF was obviously the perfect choice!

I could have seen him in Back To The Future as well. He is really talented. He plays the serious roles well, but I think he was great in The Wild Life. Which is a comedy.
Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Wild Life is a great movie, though I always saw it as something of a dramedy. Stoltz wasn't really one of the funny characters in it.

I love that he and Leah Thompson became friends when shooting it, and that she recommended him for Some Kind of Wonderful.

Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
quote:
Originally posted by Logan 5:
Wild Life is a great movie, though I always saw it as something of a dramedy. Stoltz wasn't really one of the funny characters in it.

I love that he and Leah Thompson became friends when shooting it, and that she recommended him for Some Kind of Wonderful.

Oh, I never thought of it being a dramedy.
Brilliant movie, though!

He was fantastic in Some Kind Of Wonderful. And in Pulp Fiction, too. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home