iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » It's been awhile, it's time for a Devo Rant on Movie Collecting in 2015. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: It's been awhile, it's time for a Devo Rant on Movie Collecting in 2015.
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grew up in the 60s and 70s where if you didn't catch a film in theatres or on TV, you could go years without ever seeing it. Today just about everything is immediately available, DVD or streaming, which is wonderful. I do feel a little sad, though, about losing the fun of the hunt trying to track down and see those obscure films that you had heard about back in the day. My favorite film buff story is about the guy who drove a hundred miles with a VCR to a motel to record Lemora: A Child's Tale of the Supernatural, an amazingly obscure vampire film from the 70s, off of late night TV. Today you can buy a special edition or stream Lemora. There's no challenge in finding it anymore. (By the way, I saw it on one of those weird, rare late night showings back in the 70s and wasn't impressed. Upon revisiting it through the special edition, I now think that it's a small gem.)
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home