iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Masters Golf

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masters Golf
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone watching The Masters? It starts very shortly!

Can Bubba Watson defend his title?

Can Jordan Spieth redeem himself from last year?

Will Woods turn up? / Can he win another major?

Can Adam Scott or another Aussie win?

Will it be a wildcard?

So hard to say. When it comes to The Masters you never know what is going to happen. It really can be anyone's game and there is usually upsets galore.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I´m going to watch it occasionally. Our best player Mikko Ilonen is there and none other than Teemu Selanne is going to be his caddie during the Augusta par 3.
Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Cinderella boy. Outta nowhere. A former greenskeeper now about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac... It's in the hole! It's in the hole! It's in the hole!"

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The last time I watched this I had not seen it in a while (probably not longer than a year though) and when he said that last line, it looks like a mirac....it's in the hole....I absolutely lost it laughing.

It has got to be the greatest improv scene in a comedy movie. Yes, Carl Spackler might have an outside chance this year. The only problem is that they don't allow Roman Catholics at Augusta anymore [Razz]

Oh, he got all of that, the crowd is just on it's feet here at Augusta..a normally reserved Augusta crowd...going wild.

[ 09. April 2015, 06:55: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if I'll watch any of the Masters, but I'll definitely be watching Caddyshack tonight.
Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gordongecko
Rewind Guru
Member # 4685

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for gordongecko   Email gordongecko   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be watching the Masters and may throw in Caddyshack this weekend, after coverage is done. It is a great tournament and probably second on my list to The Open Championship. I get up at 3 in the morning to watch it all four days. Only thing that trumps the Masters is when one of the other majors is at a course in WI.
Posts: 714 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Apr 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will probably watch some here and there.

I dont think Woods will win another major unless the field is depleted of its top talent and then I dont think it will be easy for him.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Jordan Spieth crucified the course this morning.

He is now -8. Closely snatching at his heels is Ernie Els at -5. Els was in fine form and although he is getting old is certainly a player who could do it.

Justin Rose is also in the tied for 2nd mix. This guy maid a name for himself at the 1998 Open Championship when at the age of 18 shot the lights out in his 2nd round which gave him international recognition. He went onto tie fourth.

Anyway, enough ranting. Up again in the morning. My copy of Caddyshack seems to be glitchy when I am trying to play it. Oh, well it looks like Caddysahck 2 will have to do [Big Grin]

I hope Woods somehow manages to win another. I am behind him the whole way. I so wish that he could beat Nicklaus's record but it does not look good at present.

I was really glad to see Tom Watson finish under the card. At 65 this guy can play. He played a shot out of the bunker and it took one bounce and then slam dunked in the hole. Tom Watson is one of my all time favourite players. Strange that he won 8 majors from the age of 25 to about 34 and then nothing. He should have gone onto beat Nicklaus record. He was certainly a player that could have but unfortunately did not come close.

[ 10. April 2015, 06:01: Message edited by: Bernie_Lomax ]

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Carl spackler just got a bogey,but it's not the bogey you are thinking off!

[ 10. April 2015, 10:31: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
glad u brought up Watson. Since he is from my neck of the woods i am rooting for him as i am sure many people are. Scored a golf magazine the other day from 1978. Watson was the money leader that year and it was a record at that time for winnings in a single year. It was a measly six figures.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I love Watson man. From 75-84 he was unstoppable!

Guys back then did it for the joy of winning. Watson has often spoke out publicly about how he does not like it how people are now only playing golf for money and not for just being the best golfer you can be.

the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
to much money in sport nowadays bernie,arsenal football club who i follow here in the uk the keeper from years back bob wilson used to get the bus home with the fans,no way would that happen nowadays.

it would be more like they'd be following the bus home in there ferrari!

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Arsenal are a great team! I was born in Hammersmith actually and have always followed Chelsea.

The coach these days would most likely peel out of of his solid gold parking space in his brand new Maserati while giving the finger to the losing team as he drives off into the sunset.

TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

IS THAT A TITLEIST?

-

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Jordan Spieth crucified the course. No doubt they will be making Augusta harder next year which is exactly what they did when Woods had -18 in 1997.

Spieth has got nerves of steel!

Apart from missing out on any great duels/comebacks/charges it was one of the best Masters I have seen. Mainly because he led the whole way and did not choke. He must have felt the pressure but he didn't buckle.

If this guy keeps going like this and doesn't let it get to his head we could be looking at another Nicklaus.

Yes, it's a Titleist!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home