iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Tony Scott Tribute

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tony Scott Tribute
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Affable Hollywood director / producer dead at 68 in an apparent suicide. Scott had been working on many new projects with a Top Gun sequel in the works as well as a 3D re-release of 1986 original.

TOP 10 TONY SCOTT MOVIES:

1. Top Gun
2. True Romance
3. Beverly Hills Cop II
4. Days of Thunder
5. Domino
6. Enemy of the State
7. Man on Fire
8. Last Boy Scout
9. The Pillars of the Earth (producer)
10. Crimson Tide

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Last Boy Scout
2. True Romance
3. Enemy of the State
4. Top Gun
5. The Hunger
6. Spy Game
7. Beverly Hills Cop II
8. Crimson Tide
9. Man on Fire
10. Revenge

All great/good movies.
Haven´t seen Days of Thunder, Domino, Deja Vu, The Taking of Peltham 1 2 3 or Unstoppable yet

[ 20. August 2012, 07:20: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1 True Romance .. because it's really good, and every time i watch it, it makes me think about
how cool it would be to have someone like Patricia Arquette's Alabama to hang out with !

2 The Hunger .. because it has Tony Scott's trademark-style on full display and was released
at a time when this was completely different than anything seen before in mainstream filmmaking !

3 Beverly Hills Cop 2 .. because i saw it in the theater when it first came out, and because
i still think it's a really good sequel !

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
Haven´t seen Days of Thunder, Domino, Deja Vu, The Taking of Peltham 1 2 3 or Unstoppable yet

As a Cruise fan I'd recommend Days of Thunder. Domino was an entertaining, tongue-in-cheek actioner but I can see why some people found it too frenetic and all over the place. Still a brilliant action / satire on pop culture and the media. Not seen the others.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Member # 297

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Roarke is reckless:
1 True Romance .. because it's really good, and every time i watch it, it makes me think about
how cool it would be to have someone like Patricia Arquette's Alabama to hang out with !

-

Hands down, one of the coolest movies ever made: great cast, good script, directing, acting and pace.

Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tony Scott, an original and creative stylist, practically invented the big American action film. While not all of his films were great, or even good, I will always remember him for True Romance, Crimson Tide, Unstoppable, Top Gun, The Last Boy Scout, and The Hunger. With his passing, I feel as though there will forever be a hole in my future filmgoing experience. RIP
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zigyma7ik
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man on Fire.

~I am the sheep that got lost, Madre.

| Site Updates: 0 IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home