iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Christmas Movies (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Christmas Movies
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
helen

i really like jingle all the way too, last action hero as well but that is another matter.

i thought it was really funny when phil hartman said: looks like you cant bench press your way out of this one

it had alot of funny parts in my opinion, but i find alot of stuff funny that most dont

because i got the ears of a snake!

Yay for Jingle love [Big Grin] [Razz] I agree, lotsa great moments. And that last 20 mins or so especially is just one giant ball of cheese that should warm the blackest of hearts [Mad] haha Love it [Big Grin]

I adore Last Action Hero [Big Grin]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After that little rant about 'Jingle All The Way to the pawn shop to see what we can get for it' my ignore list goes something like this:

The Good Package
Helen_S [Razz]

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How rude!  -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to watch Last Action Hero again soon. I always liked the killer dude in the Yellow trench coat...who I believe was Tom Noonan. He is such a great actor. I love that bit when he says Come on Jack.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Yes you must [Big Grin] Such an underrated film.
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lomax,

vhere's your christmaz sprit!

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i dont know about christmas vacation 2 though, i guess i will give it a go
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
just watched santa with muscles the other day, not the best piece of cinema, but entertaining. and i am a hulk hogan fan.

thunderlips rules

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christmas Vacation is a must. Hate to burst anyone's bubble but I wish they'd pick a different Christmas movie to show for 24 hours solid (every year here in the states) other than that god awful Christmas Story lol. I'd rather get the wisdom teeth cut out again than have to sit through it. The kid getting his tongue stuck on the flagpole was funny the first time I saw it 25 years ago.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We watch The Snowman (1982) every year.
It´s a classic.

-

Another great one is the Finnish made Santa Claus and the Magic Drum (1996).

-

And of course we like to watch few classic Disney cartoons like Santa´s Workshop (1932), The Night Before Christmas (1933)
and Pluto's Christmas Tree (1952).

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
lomax,

vhere's your christmaz sprit!

Ba..humbug...Am I gonna get Scrooged for that? [Smile]

Just giving helen a bit of stick....that's all...She loves it [Big Grin]

Yeah, I dunno about Christmas Vacation 2. It's got disaster written all over it. I dunno if I could bring myself to watch it.

Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by aTomiK:
We watch The Snowman (1982) every year.
It´s a classic.

-

Yeah and have you seen another Raymond Briggs one, Father Christmas where the snowman and boy make an appearance haha? Love it [Big Grin]

*Sings* So jump up on my sleigh and we're all on our way to another blooming Christmas [Big Grin] [Razz]

-

Kowalski
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8412

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kowalski   Email Kowalski   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 357 | From: Ireland | Registered: Nov 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - Bernie
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Dexter Motley Morgan:
Christmas Vacation is a must. Hate to burst anyone's bubble but I wish they'd pick a different Christmas movie to show for 24 hours solid (every year here in the states) other than that god awful Christmas Story lol. I'd rather get the wisdom teeth cut out again than have to sit through it. The kid getting his tongue stuck on the flagpole was funny the first time I saw it 25 years ago.

It is the most booooorrrrring movie ever!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rudolph is on tonight at 8pm on CBS. I won't get to see it though- I won't be home in time! [Frown]
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
 - Bernie

Wow, that's the most violent emoticon I've seen so far. I shall have to put it on my christmas wish list [Wink]

Just a side note: Where is Logan_5?

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
Rudolph is on tonight at 8pm on CBS. I won't get to see it though- I won't be home in time! [Frown]

Love it!.. It's super remastered too!

I remember watching The Snowman as a kid, my elementary school showed it to us before the Holiday break. Love the music.. very haunting.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:

* One last thing....I ask every year if anyone knows about a movie I've been searching for..."The Little Match Girl", I think from the late 70's...not animation. Used to watch a certain version as a kid and remember loving it, but can't seem to find any information anywhere. Some research points to a young Sarah Jessica Parker in the starring role, but can't find it to confirm if it's the one I've been searching for for many years. Any ideas?

I remember that movie. IMDB lists 10 movies with the titke with one being made in 1973 and a couple made in the 80's. I couldn't tell you which version I rememeber...

Nomsy Christmas [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for looking Nomsy!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnny76
Master Rewinder
Member # 8174

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for johnny76   Email johnny76   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to the haters but "A Christmas Story" takes the cake on this one. [Razz]
Anyone remember "It came upon a midnight clear" with Mickey Rooney ? Thats another great one from the past. Too many others too list.

Posts: 225 | From: Pa. | Registered: Aug 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i love a christmas story

i read both sheperd books as well, in god we trust and wanda hickey

great stories, if you like the movie pick up the books

aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Helen, i don´t remember seeing Briggs´ Father Christmas.

I´m gonna watch at least Christmas Evil and Lethal Weapon this year.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
Well do it, do it nowwwwwwww  - [Big Grin]
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to watch Deck The Halls. Cracks me up! As well as Four Christmases.
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home