iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Walking Dead Season 2!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Walking Dead Season 2!!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
I haven't seen the season two premiere yet, but I'm probably in the minority: I think that "The Walking Dead" is good, but not as rapturously great as a lot of folks claim that it is. It is tremendously well done--very cinematic and stylish--but it is like putting old wine in new bottles. There isn't a whole lot here that wasn't covered first and better by Romero in his zombie films or Zack Snyder's "Dawn" remake and the "28 Days/Weeks Later" films, which themselves were also old wine in new bottles. The fundamental problem is that it's all been pretty much done with zombies--they attack, you run/get bitten/shoot them in the head, repeat... Romero's films took that concept the whole way from simple survival to a new class structure in society. What else is there? "The Walking Dead" is a lot of fun, and the KNB f/x are especially excellent, but it's hardly a groundbreaking series, except, perhaps, to those who haven't seen the classic progentitors.

Those are some great points you've made, and it's true that zombies can only do so much. But I feel that the great zombie movies are great because they aren't necessarily about the zombies. For example, the Romero films have a lot to say about the society at the time, and even the new Romero films like Diary of the Dead had it's own thing to say about people living their lives on camera.

I'm enjoying the Walking Dead because I want to get to know these people and how they react to the situations they are placed in. Right now, it seems to me that Herschel is likely a lot more dangerous to them than the Walkers themselves. It's the humanity that brings life to a story of the dead.

I hope that made sense!!

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

I tend to agree on many relevant points made about this show. In no order...

1) More Zombie Death- in the last three shows there were maybe five total zombies. Zzz xxxxx.

2) Forget the girl, we have waited 5 episodes for a doll?!?!?!?she's dead. She's screwed. (Did I leave the iron on?)

3) Tie up loose ends from Season One, come on now!

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh but Devo, what deaths they were! The zombie from the well that tore in two in glorious technicolor! Totally worth risking Glenn's life.

I also loved the shot on the zombie that Daryl shot through the face. I haven't read the comics but I can easily imagine that coming directly from the comic.

But yeah, Sophia's a goner. The sooner they get away from Herschel the better.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some great character development, and again....pick up the pace.....they even showed excessive footage of Daryl climbing up the mountain....get up or stay down already!!!

I like Glenn's new girlfriend Maggie.....she's cute!

Gotta disagree with DEVO and Stitch....that girl is still alive you two!

Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to see Merle Dixon re-appear Sunday night.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As Jim Carrey put it (in Once Bitten).. "Okay.... now I'm angry!!" [Big Grin]

Let's ditch the farm, arleady.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Ronnie.....with episode six, that means the season is half over already?! The show seems to have all the necessary ingredients....just not mixing them properly!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
I like Glenn's new girlfriend Maggie.....she's cute!

The lady that plays Maggie was in a full season of another show I watch...Vampire Diaries. She's wayyy cuter on Walking Dead... more natural looking,..love her haircut on the show!

The show is going on it's winter break, right?

*spoiler*
Do you guys think what happened with Otis, will eventually come out?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
I think there is one more episode, then a break util January I believe....they better speed things up!

*spoiler*
Do you guys think what happened with Otis, will eventually come out?

I think so Ronnie...I'm guessing Shane first tells Lori in a plight to magnify his love for her and Carl....wild guess....we'll see.

Also, *spoiler* at the end of the last episode when Lori tells Rick about her and Shane, it has him semi understanding, and seemingly cool with it all.....as if.....I think he's paraphrasing what she said and processing...then he'll blow his top at the beginning of the next episode!! [Eek!]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They need to leave Hershel's farm like right now! He does not want them there-
and the
**spoiler** creatures in the barn would scare me enough to want to get the heck out of there!
Ronnie, the girl who plays Maggie is really pretty and I love that haircut too. Makes me want to have straight hair even more [Frown]

Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
Go for it Pitts, go out and buy yourself a hair straightener!
I've had one for a few years now, for when I want that "just got out of bed look" - it takes a lot of hard work to look natural!!

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Well? What did you all think of the midseason finale? I know some rewinders haven't seen all the episodes yet so beware of the

***spoilers***

They sure did wait til the very last 5 minutes to show us something! The group fighting at the beginning was intense. Everyone had a valid point, I thought.

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not suprised on finale Ronnie! Prob best episode of season so far IMO.
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
Even though I was accidently spoiled of the mid season finale, I was still heartbroken by that final scene.
kevdugp73
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
Great episode....great ending. Probably should have figured the ending out, but somehow didn't...which was good, as it led to a great surprise at the end. Can't wait to see where they take us next....
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stitch Groover:
Go for it Pitts, go out and buy yourself a hair straightener!
I've had one for a few years now, for when I want that "just got out of bed look" - it takes a lot of hard work to look natural!!

I have one- I just don't use it all the time, and when my hair is shorter, it is really super curly. I like it longer cuz it's easier for me to style.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I really was not suprised by the mid-season finale. I just hope they get moving off of the farm now.
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with Pitts and Ronnie .. it is time to leave that freakin' farm in the dust! Great beginning episode of season 2 and mid-season finale ending was excellent... however, most of the stuff besides Daryl has been boring for me.

Just to keep everyone updated .. new episodes start up again on Sunday Feb. 12th at 9pm EST!

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

For anyone who might be interested...

AMC will be airing The Walking Dead marathon, beginning from the pilot episode, all of season one, through to the midseason finale from this season on New Years Eve. Good time to catch up! [Smile]

Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AMC recently announced that The Walking Dead Season 3 will consist of 16 episodes instead of 13 as originally announced. This Season (Season 2) consists of 13 episodes which is a 7 episode improvement over Season One’s 6 episode run. There is no word yet on when Season 3 will premiere or if Season 3 will be seperated into two parts with a mid season hiatus or not.

In other news, Glen Mazzara, Robert Kirkman, and the show’s writers have said that they don’t know what caused the zombie outbreak and they prefer to keep it that way.

Note to writers .. freakin' get Rick & the gang off that farm! Like now [Mad]

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

Val, you sort of lost me in the first half of that post haha. It's a good thing you put it in writing, otherwise I'd forget everything you said! Ha! [Big Grin]

Haha also in other news.. just watched the Lady Gaga video for "Judas" and saw Norman Reedus (Daryl) in it, as a biker. Exciting stuff! [Wink]

Less than 1 month before it returns!

Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ending with Sophie didn't happen in the books-according to a friend that's read them. Like him or not, Herschel's reaction to his "people" getting killed was so real-I could feel the pain!

According to IMDB Norman Reedus modeled for Prada, has a son with Helena Christensen, and has a titanium eye socket!

Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Really enjoyed the first show back .. hope that can keep it going!
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
David Morrisey is reportedly being cast to play the Governer in Season 3.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll finish off this series and then this show can do one.
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home