iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Smartphones

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Smartphones
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who has one? What you got? And what do / don't you like about it?

I just got a new one - the HTC Desire. It's really nice, although I'm trying to get used to the Android OS.

-

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Paul.. your new phone looks cool!

I current have an Apple iPhone 4.. this is my second iPhone and I must say that it is quite awesome. I have yet to see a phone that is smoother for using the internet. It has a crystal clear screen picture with the ability to zoom around the internet with ease. The biggest drawback is that it currently doesn't support websites that need adobe flash players. Slight bummer at times.. but overall a minor issue for me.

About 90% of all my internet use including this posting right now is through the use of my iPhone 4. Add in iTunes and all the apps available and it is quite addictive. [Wink]

-

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Valley, I have an iPod Touch, so know what you mean about ease of use and the drawback regarding Flash. I have to say that so far, the web browsing on the HTC is on a par woth the iPhone, and they DO support flash.... [Smile]

I'm having to look through the Android market to see what other apps are available - I know it's not a patch on he Apple Store, but you never know what you might find!

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Paul,

I have the same Smartphone. It's been superseded by a number of other phones, but I won't be upgrading for a long time.

A few apps that I use :

Parcels - Keeps track of your deliveries.
Dropbox - Easily send files to any computer you have synced with your Dropbox account.
PowerAmp - Awesome audio player
Movies - See what movies are playing in your local cinema.
Spiceworks - Monitor the status of your home PC.
Handcent SMS -- a great sms/mms tool.
Gensoid/Nesoid/GBCoid - 8/16 bit console emulators.
DoggCatcher - find/manage podcasts/rss.
Barcode Scanner - look up prices/reviews.
CamScanner - CamScanner turns phone to a document scanner.

What app's have you looked at so far? How are you finding the Android OS now?

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Droid X. I heart the Pandora radio app. It makes a long night at work much shorter.

-

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best app for my iphone 4?

Songkick.

Basically it finds your geographical location and allows you to add nearby cities also then scours your music library.

Any artists in your library decide to play in the area you have selected...BOOM! Instant notification with an e-mail backup!!

Nomskick [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually switching from a Blackberry curve to the white iPhone 4 very soon. Thought about getting a Droid but the iPhone seemed like a better choice. I have not been happy with the Blackberry AT ALL so I'm looking forward to switching!
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmmmm.....I usually get my friend's hand me down when they get a new phone. Still resisting this technology, as I'm not a big fan of cell phones in general....me and my wife share one phone and only our parents and a few friends have the number. I'm sure I'll take the plunge someday....just not quite ready. That being said, I'm starting to become very curious about all these smart phones and all the cool things they can do.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nerdbird
Rewind Curious
Member # 9922

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Nerdbird   Email Nerdbird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had 2. The Samsung Intercept and now the Samsung Galaxy. I love my phones. I use to work for Att and it was a headache dealing with the iphones. Kudos for you guys that know how to use your phones.
Posts: 7 | From: Texas | Registered: Aug 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home