iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Worst Sequel Ever (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Worst Sequel Ever
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
indy 4 was so bad it might as well have had jar jar binks in it.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but i think there is more dislike for speed 2, i havent seen this one from start to finish.

is it that terrible even though willem dafoe is in it, or is that what makes it terrible?

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bamersy
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8808

14 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bamersy   Email Bamersy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband actually watched "Titanic 2" on Netflix-or tried to-the other night. Not sure what he was expecting [Confused]
Posts: 452 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
i thought terry kiser was funny in it

Of course. "It's just Bernie!"
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Good Package:
but i think there is more dislike for speed 2, i havent seen this one from start to finish.

is it that terrible even though willem dafoe is in it, or is that what makes it terrible?

I like Dafoe and think he is a great actor. This movie sucked and it wouldn't matter who was in it. It was destined to be f....d.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
bamersy i read about that titanic 2 on netflix the other day, thought it was funny that any boat maker would want to name their boat after the first one with all the "success" that it had.
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Gannon:
You know I heard orgianally that Indy 4 was suppose to be about Indy and his brother rather than his son which I think is a better story. There was talks at the time that it would be Kevin Costner, but I think Dennis Quaid would have been the best choice, He looks more like Harrison Fords younger brother than he does Randy Quaid.

However since they did go the son route, I think my idea would be better. Instead of making Indy's son a biker dufus, they should have made him a seemingly nerdy kid who acted alot like Sean Connery in Last Crusade. A boy genius who would go on a quest with Indy knowing the whole time they were father and son, but Indy would have to try and win his respect because his son would judge him as his father did. His son would correct Indy on alot of facts that Indy would miss quote, and as a surprise he could be and expert swordsman. That would have made the movie better in my opinion, that and make the female villan of the film a right hand to the main bad guy somebody a little more interesting.

And take out the ants standing on ontop of one another, tree branch lowering the car, monkey vine swinging scenes.

That's actually a great premise, Jack. Never thought about that.

Personally, I don't think Indy 4 should ever have been made in any incarnation. the people involved had lost the touch, and the moment was just over. The original trilogy is perfect, and certainly didn't need this latter day taint. But if they absolutely had to do it, then I think Jack's angle with the father/son switch would have been muuuuuch better than the turd we got!

Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah Thank you Jay Lee, it's always nice to get positive feedback on an idea. I think that Indy 4 could have been really great had they ironed out alot of the wrinkles. One of the biggest things for me that hangs me up with new movies is the way they are filmed. The whole movie looked like a set, The temple of Doom was a set but you would never know it, to look at it.

Also, I would have tried to get someone like William Dafoe as the evil Russian, he's more of a theatrical bad guy.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Jaws - absolute classic
Jaws 2 - sucks
Jaws 3 - really sucks
Jaws The Revenge - Ultra f......d

The realism of the sharks also gets progressively worse when they should actually get progressively better with the advancement of technology.

I am probably one of the few who still thinks the shark in Jaws (the original) looks quite real.

Indy 4 could have been much better also just by getting rid of Shia La D..kface.

Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree Shark in Jaws looked real, and they should have fed Lebleaf to it. I mean if Indy 4 was suppose to be a combo of the films that made both Lucas and Speilberg where was the shark?
Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i liked jaws 2, not as well as the first but i liked it well enough
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pirates of the Caribbean- At World's End (the third movie in the Pirates series). It was a huge letdown after the first two. I can only hope the fourth one will be better. Why is Penelope Cruz in the fourth one instead of the Keira Knightly? They're going to need to subtitle it for us English speaking folks.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
pitts

im thinking the fourth is going to be really good, take you by surprise good. just gut feeling about it.

but yeah im right there with ya on that third one, with the way dead man's chest ended i remember thinking i cant wait to see what they do next.

amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Lost Boys 2 totally hated it waited so long for this sequel and it ended up being a cheap rip off of the first
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
I like the original Pirates of the Carribean a lot but 2 and 3 were not very good.
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
I thought Pirates 2 was the best actually.
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Phantom Menace'. I know it was a prequel, but it killed a million dreams stone dead.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i thought they wasted the darth maul character. should have kept him on through to the third movie
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Jack Gannon:
I thought Pirates 2 was the best actually.

I thought the first one had more of a raw feel, which is what I like. I felt the second one was sort of kiddied up too much (too Disneyish).
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My picks are:

Exorcist II: The Heretic (1977)
Staying Alive (1983)
Caddyshack 2 (1988)
Rocky V (1990)
Return to the Blue Lagoon (1991)
Beverly Hills Cop III (1994)
City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold (1994)
Batman and Robin (1997)
Speed 2: Cruise Control (1997)
Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 (2000)
Jurassic Park III (2001)
Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (2003)
Son of the Mask (2005)
Basic Instinct 2 (2006)
Evan Almighty (2007)
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (2009)

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
i like caddyshack2 and curly's gold.

i see that's another vote for speed 2

Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Caddyshack 2 rocks. I can completely understand that it is pathetic but I still love it. It has some great dialogue in it. I quote the movie constantly.
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty bad - Major League II:

-

Sucks Bad- Major League III, Back to the Minors:

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
Agreed.

I am a massive fan of the original, but these two are terrible. What were they thinking?

Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also:

Home Alone 3 (1997)
Lethal Weapon 4 (1998)
The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas (2000)
Crocodile Dundee in Los Angeles (2001)
Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)
2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)
Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (2003)
Exorcist: The Beginning (2004)

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home