iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » New American Idol Judges (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: New American Idol Judges
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm definitely still watching Ronnie..

If we could replace Randy with Simon it would make me happy. Tyler and Lopez know their stuff, but they seem to hold back on the truly constructive advice.

I'm pulling for Scotty McCreery .. his voice is pure country and he really seems like a nice dude.

Another fav is James Durbin.. mainly because of all the adversity in his life including losing his musician Dad to a drug overdose. I was really concern from his audition about whether he might crack under the pressure.. but to this point he has been outstanding.

I know Muffy has started watching.. who else and who do like so far?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been catching some of it......mainly to be able to talk to you guys about and see what all the rave is [Smile] also i really like Bones and I keep catching the end on Thursdays haha

It's not a show I could watch all the time......never have been able too. I love seeing Steven Tyler...I also think James has a great voice and stage presence.

Years ago when I was in design school this group of girls would bring in American Idol and watch it on lunch even though they'd watched it the night before and cackle and scream and since they annoyed me so much......the show had the same stigma for me for awhile there.....awwwww.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been watching. I was cringing at Casey's overreaction to the save lol. I was thinking just say thanks and shut up [Razz] I think I like James the most.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel like I'm missing something reaaaally interesting.

quote:
Years ago when I was in design school this group of girls would bring in American Idol and watch it on lunch even though they'd watched it the night before and cackle and scream and since they annoyed me so much......the show had the same stigma for me for awhile there.....awwwww.
I hear that.
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right, Ronnie! [Smile] I haven't figured Steven Tyler out yet...some days he seems sooo out of it LOL, especially on elimination nights. I like Scotty (I didn't at first but he's really grown on me), James, Stefano, Paul and Casey. I agree Casey overreacted the other night...BUT...honestly, he did NOT deserve to be in the bottom 3, much less in the very bottom. Go home, girls. That will make me happy LOL.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
petty - i love scotty!
out of the guys, i do not like stefano. i wish he would go home. i'm not crazy about his voice.

james is awesome. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stefano's not my fave, but he's sooo much better than any of the girls LOL.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christian slater was in the audience tonight! Love it
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Total shocker on Idol tonight!
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I felt very bad for the person who went home (don't wanna spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet)...She was bawling on Jacob's shoulder [Frown] I bet the judges are regretting saving Casey now.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Veronica .. those were my thoughts exactly about the save.. the crying at the end kinda got to me a little.
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
Oh yeah, me too...I got teary eyed when I saw how upset she was.

I think she will be just fine in the long run though [Smile]

Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched it tonight gang..........I really enjoyed Iggy Pop!! I love that he's this old man trying to push the censor you know it.....for a sec he did his ol' "thrust the microphone like"....then the camera pulled away.....throwing a cuss word in there too...ha! I was totally embarrassed for Hayley she was SWIM dancing!! SWIM dancing!!...I know Iggy dances goofy but SWIM dancing???....she's so young she probaly doesn't even know who he is?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't get to see the results show, but am aware who was voted off. I seem to disagree about saving Casey...I think that was a great choice. I haven't been thrilled at Casey's song choices, but his first audition was great. I seen tons of potential in him, however, admitt that he hasn't quite released it yet. I see him more as someone singing his own stuff and doing really good with that.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I avoided this thread cos we get it a day later here and here you are being all spoil free hehe [Smile] Silly for her to go before the other girls.
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i almost forgot to bring this up!

wednesday night, after idol, Christian Slater's new show was on. i watched a bit of it, which i thought was pretty funny, it's called Breaking In.

anyway right is it began, Slater was on an intercom talking to his department, and the first thing out of his mouth was..

"greetings and salutations".... !!!!!!! [Big Grin]

i thought that was awesome... paying his own little homage to Heathers!!!! [Wink]

did anyone else catch this?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
lol, cool, I wanna see [Smile]
Valley

Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
Ronnie.. I saw Breaking In too and thought it was quirky cute. Definitely had some funny moments.

Thought the water cooler cam was hilarious.

And the "Greetings and Salutations" was just awesome!

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

well, for the first time this season, i think scotty didn't do good, last night. bad song choice too.

i was a little annoyed with all the song choices, because out of an entire decade of music, those were the songs chosen??? [Roll Eyes]

and the group performance by all the ones who were voted off, wow.. that was bad. everyone was off key.

lauryn did sing her song well, but again, she still holds back. but i loved her outfit last night!

stefano stills looks goofy to me when he sings, and while i loved the red suspenders, i didn't like the way he sang Ne-yo's 'Closer'.. which is a song i really love.

james screamed through his song and it was too much, i think.

Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
My favorite contestant hands down is James Durbin. Every song he performs sounds like he could have written it himself, and his voice and style are flawless to me.

Scotty McCreey will be a HUGE country star, regardless of whether he wins or not. I'm not a huge fan of country music so I'm not really a fan of his, but I do think he is talented and will go far.

I like Lauren, but her personality turns me off. Haley was pretty good last night, especially the second part of the song when it was more her style. She has come a long way.

Oh, and yes I saw the beginning of "Breaking In" when Christian Slater said "greetings and salutations." Made me smile! [Smile]

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home