iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Your top 5 John Carpenter films? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Your top 5 John Carpenter films?
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll check it out again no doubt. I think I mainly watched it because people on here were goin on about the fight scene between George an Frank. That was pretty good.

I just thought that this film had a truely fantastic premise but failed to deliver on what could have been something truely fantastic. Not trying to knock it all I am saying is that it had the potential to be great.

I wonder if Roddy Piper served as any form of inspiration for Mickey Rourke for The Wrestler cos he did end up looking a fair bit like him in that movie.

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Big Trouble
2. Escape From New York
3. The Thing
4. They Live
5. In the Mouth of Madness

Oh Noms, Not the Carpenters!!!! [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. The Thing
2. Halloween
3. Prince of Darkness
4. They Live
5. Christine

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. They Live
2. The Thing
3. Halloween
4. Big Trouble
5. Escape from NY

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never thought I'd be saying this but I'm going to see John Carpenter in concert in October!!!  -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You lucky you! Lost Themes II coming soon.

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome, Helen.

*Wanders off to see if he can get a ticket for the London gig...*

I'm really looking forward to the new album:

-

-

quote:
Originally posted by J2ME:
1. Escape From New York
2. Big Trouble in Little China
3. The Thing
4. Halloween
5. Prince of Darkness

Hmm.

1. Big Trouble in Little China
2. The Thing
3. The Fog
4. Escape From New York
5. Prince of Darkness

....I think  -

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So that was one of the greatest nights of my life!!! Just wow!!! He played just about everything. My only disappointment was he didn't do Halloween 3. He chewed through the entire concert and fist pumped a lot [Big Grin] He put on sunglasses when he did They Live lol. Loved when he was like "I direct horror movies, I love horror movies, horror will last foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr". Crowd went nuts [Big Grin]

Here's a couple of pics and his Christine joke, my first youtube vid [Razz]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blQO3kig7Z0

-

-

[ 01. October 2020, 03:57: Message edited by: Helen_S ]

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That video was waaaaay to short... or maybe it's you that's too short?! Either way - that's the kind of night I would love to have gone to - and I'm not a concert person at all!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
I did a few but all that short. I wanted to live the night! [Smile]
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
I did a few but all that short. I wanted to live the night! [Smile]

Ah... I can see that! People that have their phones raised throughout a concert aren't exactly focusing on the experience. I wish I'd been there!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Willie D.
Rewind Curious
Member # 37482

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Willie D.   Author's Homepage   Email Willie D.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2. Escape from New York
3. They Live
4. The Thing
5. Halloween

Posts: 6 | From: San Antonio | Registered: Feb 2017 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another good list there, you just can´t make a bad Carpenter list [Wink]

From John´s Facebook:

"So you say you want a Revolution?
You want to shake things up and bring back Halloween and make it rock again?

Well so do I.

So here’s the announcement you’ve all been waiting for:

David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are joining the project to complete the creative team. David and Danny will write the script together and David will direct. I will continue in my executive producer role to consult and offer my advice and feedback as needed.

David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and…WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away.

I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool.

And you’ll get to see it in theaters on October 19th, 2018."

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This has got to be one the hardest ever top 5 movie lists to compile as he's done so many great films!

probably would go something like this for me -

1.Halloween
2.Big Trouble in Little China
3.Escape From New York
4. The Thing
5.Christine

With honourable mentions to

They Live
Starman
Prince Of Darkness
Assault On Precinct 13
The Fog
The Ward - I quite enjoyed this fairly recent Carpenter horror.
In The Mouth Of Madness

Cool that in at least some form he is getting involved in the next Halloween outing!

PS. That concert must have been awesome Helen I wish I had seen it!

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHoff
Master Rewinder
Member # 37515

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TheHoff   Email TheHoff   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2. Escape from New York
3. Assault on Precinct 13
4. Starman
5. They Live

Posts: 315 | Registered: Sep 2019 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In no particular order:

Halloween
The Thing
Halloween
Escape From New York
Big Trouble In Little China

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home