iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Debbie Gibson vs Tiffany

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Debbie Gibson vs Tiffany
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie Gibson and Tiffany, former 1980s pop queens, are set to star in the SyFy Network film Mega Python vs. Gataroid and will be able to settle their friendly media rivalry by wrestling in a swamp scene.

Debbie Gibson & Tiffany Live Out Oh-So-Many 80s Teen Boy Fantasies

Is this the sequel to "Killer Klowns From Outerspace"?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be first in line!

Debbie was awesome in Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus (2009), and Tiffany was awesome in Playboy (2002).

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie was hideous in that horrible Mega shark  -
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can hear the Oscar buzz already!
Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie because her music was more meaningful and she didn't tour malls [Wink]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG! Debbie did Playboy too?? my mouth may have just dropped.....but she looks good [Smile]
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG they both make me want to barf! My husband loved Debbie Gibson though. I always thought she was gross looking- her face was always so oily, I wanted to pat it down with a paper towel. Tiffany actually grew up to be a beautiful woman.
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread is full of WIN!

quote:
OMG they both make me want to barf! My husband loved Debbie Gibson though. I always thought she was gross looking- her face was always so oily, I wanted to pat it down with a paper towel. Tiffany actually grew up to be a beautiful woman.
Meeeeeeow!

quote:
Debbie because her music was more meaningful and she didn't tour malls [Wink]
"Shake your love, I just can't shake your love"
"Only for you, out of the blue"
"As real as it may seem, it was only in my dreams"

... and so on.

Listen to 'Foolish Beat' again and picture her trying to copy 'Careless Whisper', it's uncanny.

quote:
OMG! Debbie did Playboy too?? my mouth may have just dropped.....but she looks good [Smile]
They both look pretty good. Obviously, most women won't age as well as you Muff, but Debs and Tiff look ok.

quote:
I can hear the Oscar buzz already!
That's tinnitus.

quote:
Originally posted by Secret Admirer:
I'll be first in line!

Debbie was awesome in Mega Shark vs Giant Octopus (2009), and Tiffany was awesome in Playboy (2002).

I laughed and laughed!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Debbie Gibson is someone I ragged the hell out of as a teenager and then when I was an adult I bought her Greatest Hits CD. So go figure. I guess that makes me a closet fan.

But Tiffany - who might have actually SANG better had the misfortune to usually cover other peoples songs (I Saw her Standing There, I Think We're Alone Now). Even though Debbie's lyrics werent giving LED ZEPPELIN a run for their money they usually came from her heart and her pen, and I thought she wrote pretty good songs for a teenage girl.

So Debbie wins for me.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Debbie Gibson is someone I ragged the hell out of as a teenager and then when I was an adult I bought her Greatest Hits CD. So go figure. I guess that makes me a closet fan.
When people like that are everywhere on the radio and all the kids like them, they become unbearable.

quote:
But Tiffany - who might have actually SANG better had the misfortune to usually cover other peoples songs (I Saw her Standing There, I Think We're Alone Now).
She always sounded like she had a blocked nose.

quote:
Even though Debbie's lyrics werent giving LED ZEPPELIN a run for their money they usually came from her heart and her pen, and I thought she wrote pretty good songs for a teenage girl.
I think the important part of that was "for a teenage girl". Then again, at least she did write her own stuff. More than can be said for so many other 'artists'.

quote:
So Debbie wins for me.
For me too. All except for 'I Think We're Alone Now' which gives me a massive nostalgia buzz.

"Children behaaaaave..."

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
debbie had more hits, right? and she had her own perfume!

i would love to see this. never knew tiffany was an actress? i knew debbie had done a few things. didn't know she did playboy too?!

i loved 'i think we're alone now' and 'coulda been' but that was it.

debbie's out of the blue album was awesome. 'shake your love' is my favorite from her.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
Debbie Gibson and Tiffany, former 1980s pop queens, are set to star in the SyFy Network film Mega Python vs. Gataroid and will be able to settle their friendly media rivalry by wrestling in a swamp scene...

If they added in Kylie Minogue in there, then I might be interested! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tiffany looked better in Playboy. Not saying Debbie looked bad though [Wink]

Debbie's music had more substance.

Debbie played at my high school even though it was a few years after I graduated.

I like red heads [Wink]

I call a tie

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Debbie's music had more substance.
Bubblegum vs bubblegum. I go with cherry every time!

quote:
never knew tiffany was an actress?
She's not.

'Radio Romance' is one of the most quintessentially 80's songs to me.

quote:
and she had her own perfume!
It was called 'Teen Girl Sweat', and it smelled of sweat.

quote:
Still makin' me laugh!
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember Martika too? Her song "Toy Soldiers" was way better than anything Debbie or Tiffany did.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Remember Martika too? Her song "Toy Soldiers" was way better than anything Debbie or Tiffany did.
Agreed! She had the 'indie' quota of teen pop fans.

It's interesting that Debbie, Tiffany and Martika et al - all more or less came along and then faded in the two year period which Madonna was away (Debbie lasted a little longer if I recall). Something of a market-filling attempt by record companies?

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha. My hubsand used to say "Remember MARTIKA?" like she was some internationally known Pop Star with dozens of hits. I said "Yeah. She sang Toy Soldiers. Period." Actually she had another song but I cant remember what it was. was it Thinking Of You (or was that by EXPOSE?) Well, anyway....I guess my husband was a MARTIKA fan.
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
She had more hits over here than in the US. I recall both 'Martika's Kitchen' and 'Love... Thy Will be Done' both being hits. And a version of 'I Feel the Earth Move'.

Actually, this is the real Martika:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBazx3kqAY8

Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
Still makin' me laugh!

Let's see now, that's one laugh to the dozens you've provided me with. Not a great ratio so far [Smile]
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nonsense! There have been plenty of laughs! This one has just tickled me especially hard.

Poor old Tiffany, she's famous for someone else's songs, not being as credible as Debbie Gibson (!) and having a massive career drop.

I think the former teen-pop Queen's should get together and form a group! Debbie, Martika, Tiffany... maybe someone else. That would be cool!

[ 13. July 2010, 08:56: Message edited by: logan5 ]

StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
[snip]...I think the former teen-pop Queen's should get together and form a group! Debbie, Martika, Tiffany... maybe someone else. That would be cool!

I think they should all be participating in the next (if there ever is one) Celebrity Boxing tournament! [Big Grin]
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by StevenHW:
I think they should all be participating in the next (if there ever is one) Celebrity Boxing tournament! [Big Grin]

Foxy boxing!

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home