iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Corey Haim Dies at 38

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Corey Haim Dies at 38
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actor Corey Haim Dies at 38
Canadian "Lost Boys" Star Dies of Reported Overdose

(CBS) Canadian actor Corey Haim, known best for his role in the 1987 hit "The Lost Boys" has died, Los Angeles police confirmed Wednesday.

Officials said his death appears to have been accidental. Celebrity news Web site TMZ reports that, according to police sources, he died of an apparent overdose.

The 38-year-old actor had reportedly been struggling with drug addiction.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/10/...in6284974.shtml

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was just coming to post this. Shocking but not surprising.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

That's a little creepy. Overdose tragic for River Phoenix, more tragic I think for someone who fell so far. I agree with Sammy.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just heard this so freaking sad!!!!!! Tragic
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whats totally strange is I had heard a rumor on a Horror board about 2 days ago that they were making a third LOST BOYS and I went on his IMDB page to see if he was gonna be in it. I only saw one or two eps of that TWO COREYS show but one of the ones I caught he was very upset they had asked the other Corey to be in the second one but not him.

My mom called to tel me this morning. When she said he was 38 I was surprised: I always thought he was younger than me.

Im upset but not shocked. I think I knew this was coming.

Out of the Two Coreys I always leaned more towards Feldman, but I gotta admit I love SILVER BULLET, LUCAS and LOST BOYS. There really was a lot of promise to his career. Its a shame it never worked out for him.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is sad, sad stuff. Like too many I hoped he would get over his demons and get on with his life. I remember I first saw him in the Edison Twins. I loved him in so many movies like Licence, Secret Admirer, Lucas, Lost Boys, Dream a little Dream, etc. RIP.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Veronica Sawyer
Rewind Guru
Member # 2221

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Veronica Sawyer   Email Veronica Sawyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops, i created a thread for this in the movie board too...oh well, corey deserves two mentions on this site.
Posts: 731 | From: Racine, WI | Registered: Dec 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow.. I posted on the movie thread one first, but everyone else pretty much summed up my feelings. Riptide even used the same wording about demons. I'm beyond sad.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not shocked one bit. and he did it to himself. people never learn, i guess.

RIP corey.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such a sad story.
I didn´t know that much about his personal life so this was a shock.
Thanks for the classic 80s movies Corey, we miss you.
R.I.P.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad news. I guess not really a shock given his well-documented troubles, but sad just the same. R.I.P. Corey.
Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not know he was Canadian. I'm not what you would call a fan, but he was awesome in The Lost Boys.

I hope he can now find the peace he wasn't able to find in life.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was so much potential in those early movies. Then it all got thrown away with partying and increasingly poor scripts. I kept hoping for some kind of career resurgence for the both of them, some kind of 'it is possible to come back' vindication to their early careers.

Not surprising how it ended, but still so sad.

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was watching the two Corey's show, I was hoping that the friction between Haim and Feldman was played up for the show, Haim looked rattled and troubled during a bunch of episodes, just a shame he never got out of that funk. I was sure if he got on the right path, maybe Tarantino or Kevin Smith would have thrown a bone. Now we'll never know.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by logan5:
There was so much potential in those early movies. Then it all got thrown away with partying and increasingly poor scripts. I kept hoping for some kind of career resurgence for the both of them, some kind of 'it is possible to come back' vindication to their early careers.

Not surprising how it ended, but still so sad.

I agree.. [Frown] rip.
Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home