iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Social » Rewind Social Club » Current ROCK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Current ROCK
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forget about the garbage you hear on the radio and forget about both Nickelback and Theory of a Deadmen.

There's a lot of great rock music out there right now. Shinedown, Billy Talent, Rev Theory, Slipknot,Default, Breaking benjamin etc along with my current favorite Three Day Grace.

If you take the time and effort you should be able to find some rock music that you will like.

Death to radio...Long Live Rock

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i don't know, i try and try to listen to new/current stuff all of the time. it blows. i've always liked breaking benjamin since SATURATE, so they are good to go, but having a hard time liking anything current.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stopped listening radio in the early 00s.
They run those same playlists all day long. Absolutely nothing there that i like.

In these days you can find you´re type of music easily on the net.
Ronnie, i´m sure that there are lots of current bands playing the kind of music you like.
You just have to dig a little deeper.

I love 80s music and i buy new cd´s from current bands all the time.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's only a few groups I like right now, stuff like Vampire Weekend, Spoon, Laroux, maybe some of the english groups. But not much out there, I mostly get new editions of reissues.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only band(that hasn't been around since the dinosaurs)that matters....

MUSE

Bliss (France 2001)

Citizen Erased (Germany 2004)

Map of The Problematique (Wembley 2007)

Exogenesis: Overture (Japan 2010)

A mixture of Radiohead + Queen + Bach/Beethoven/Mozart [Razz]

These guys leave everybody else in the dust.

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love Breaking Benjamin, Rev Theory, Three Days Grace, some Slipknot, Sevendust, Digital Summer, Seasons After, Bullet for My Valentine...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Currently I enjoy

Stone Sour
Hatebreed
5 Finger Death Punch
Hollywood Undead
Caliban
Down
Machine Head
Slipknot
Children of Bodom
Shinedown

Five Finger Noms Punch [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Slipknot, Muse (don't care for their newest album though), Dream Theater, Megadeth, Them Crooked Vultures, Lamb of God, Metallica, Dave Matthews Band, Avett Brothers, Old Crow Medicine Show, Les Claypool, The Black Keys, Machine Head, and Pavement although Pavement hadn't done an album since the late 90s. Question Noms: Did Pantera ever play Download?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Download has onlt been going since 2003 so no. I'm not sure if they ever played Monsters of Rock though.

2004 Damageplan played Download taking Slayers slot on the main stage as Slayer were late and moved to the second stage. When Dimebag played the intro to Walk, the place erupted...

Nomsbag [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Just checked and Pantera have indeed played at Donington during the Monsters of Rock in 1994.

Nomsboys from hell [Cool]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home