iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Watchmen Trailer (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Watchmen Trailer
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So now your saying that it's our responsibility what other people's kids watch? That's the most ignorant thing I've heard in a long time. Once again why did you chime in if your not a fan? I could care less if you like it or not. They still make movies like Walt Disney used to make if you'd quit fussing about everything else maybe you'd be able to see. Ever heard of Cars? Wall-E? Space Chimps? Toy Story? Of course then you'd have nothing to gripe about. To me one of the good things about this preview was that it showed little and in bits and pieces. And correct me if I'm wrong but weren't you the same person who said something a year or so ago about them showing too much of a movie in previews?
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

The Watchmen is exactly along the same lines as The Dark Knight, Xmen, Ironman, Spiderman, The Incredible Hulk,and Ghost Rider.

I use to love Superhero stuff...and now I hate it....I can't help but be mad about it....something I use to really find to be exciting and cool and uplifting has the opposite effect on me now. [Frown]

The problem is that in the past all the superheroes were marketed wrong on TV and the movies compared to the ORIGINAL comic books. All the comic books were more dark and adult themed then what was portrayed for years on screen. So your biggest gripe should be against those who watered them down years ago instead of the people who are finally giving superheroes their true worth and praise today.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes Motley I am saying it is all your responsibilty to watch what other people's kids watch....be a Watch-Man....Yikes! Go see the movie....

I am done with this thread.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:

My whole thing about wether kids should see this stuff or not...it doesn't really matter...right??
Not to Noms ...but it absolutely matters to me...

Who are you to assume what I care about or what I let my kids watch??? How dare you!!!!!!

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK - level-setting post - thanks for making this the first thing I have to do on my return from vacation guys....

First of all - any and all comments like the one mentioned above by Noms are out of order, and making comments about the way another member raises their family will be removed. This one stays as an example, but it's not going to be repeated - right?

Second - it's clear that this argument started from a response to a question, asked by Isis and answered by Noms, that he guessed the movie will be targeted towards children (and rated accordingly). That in itself isn't wrong or inflammatory, but the response to this assumption (i.e. an opinion, not a fact) has resulted in what we then see. And that IS wrong. As I said above, when the immediate response to that is that we see a member being spoken to in this way, it's not acceptable.

So I shall repeat the comment made several times here - if you hold an opinion on the movie, by all means discuss it. It's exactly what this board is for. But this board is NOT for expressing opinions on other forum members or their family life. I would have hoped that this would have been left behind in the playground when you left school.....

Now play nice, or the stick comes out....

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Come on guys...  -

Get 'em Pauly....  -

[ 03. September 2008, 06:21: Message edited by: jdocster ]

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home