iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » A bit late, but my review of the new Die Hard

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A bit late, but my review of the new Die Hard
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

Ok, so tonight I finally watched the movie "Live Free or Die Hard".

I must say that it's probably my second favorite movie after the first one.

the Pro's:

1) Using the internet, cyberspace and probably making everyone who never knew what exactly what computers can do, practically want to go back to the 1960's.

2) Not including old enemies. I liked them in 1 and 3, but not having the foreign enemies in this and making them people that were american, made it better.

3) Justin Long- Funny in his own way, and important to the whole story. I think that he played a much better unknowing sidekick, than Samuel L. Jackson. Not to mention, a good draw for kids that didn't see the first 3 in the movies.

4) ACTION! Lots of it, and a bunch of it legit. Some of it was a bit much, but this brings me to my Con in a minute.

5) Time - a good length for the movie.

6) Bruce Willis - Took a beating, but still delivered the goods with humor and timing, not to mention still looked legit as the action hero.

The CON-

THE ENTIRE FIGHTER JET SCENE.

If you haven't seen it I won't spoil the badness of it.

Feedback, is always appreciated.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Jet scene was so over the top....

The thing I hated was the bad guys at the beginning were CGI...they had them running and jumping on to stuff...and doing impossible things ...that were impossible.

The scene with the SUV in the elevator with the bad girl...that was good in some ways....but it was also completely over the top.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo and Isis,

This could have been a great movie, but by the time they got to the big rig and the fighter jet, I was in the 'You've got to be kidding me stage". I just started laughing at that point.

Don't get me wrong, I love action movies, but the original "Die Hard" was known as the regular guy that saves the day in an almost believeable action movie type of scenerio. So that made it even more difficult for me to watch.

Loved the Kevin Smith cameo though.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked this movie. Thought it was really good.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
same here, i thought this was a good one, i love justin long.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I really liked this one. Justin Long was a bit too over the top sometimes but other that that to me it was great. I absolutely cannot stand Timothy Olyphant (the main villian). To me, he ruined what could have been a good movie in Hitman which was based off a popular game...........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home