iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Rambo 4??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rambo 4??
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anybody here seen Rambo 4?

I was really looking forward to watching it, but when it came to the theaters here, it only played for a very short time and I didn't get around to watching it.

I still plan to see it, but I wanted to ask what you guys thought?

I saw Rocky 6 and loved every minute of it, so I'm having high hopes for Rambo. [Cool]

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hewzy
Rewind Guru
Member # 6043

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for hewzy   Email hewzy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was a good film. A bit of a slow start but once Rambo starts kickin butt its quality.
Posts: 729 | From: Birmingham, England | Registered: Sep 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good film. I liked the fact that he was no longer a one-man army and needed to work as part of a team to get the job done. The gore was immense but realistic.

IDI Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rambo always gets the job done!
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! Thanks for your feedback - I'm REALLY looking forward to watching it now. [Cool]
All I have to do is wait for it to be released on DVD...

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does he look really old in Rambo 4? I saw him on some TV interviews... Man he's starting to show his age. It happens to all of us...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by deathbystereo80:
...All I have to do is wait for it to be released on DVD...

...which, IIRC, is scheduled to come out sometime this week.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good movie. It was a slow starter but non-stop thereafter!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When it came out at the movies, I saw a preview for it...and it looked like the most horrificly graphic movie I have ever seen.

Wasn't there controversy about the violence, about them stabbing a baby in the movie...I don't know if that scene made it to the final cut or not.

After seeing the previews ....I knew I didn't want to see it.

I met Julie Benz, she was not very friendly...she was getting in a fight with Cindy Morgan (from Caddy Shack)....I just thought the whole situation was stupid, over why they were arguing, so I don't care to see her in anything....

I really liked "First Blood", but after that ...I couldn't stand all the torturing type stuff they were doing in these movies.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rambo 4 is probably the best of the series since Part One. Yes, the gore is over the top but Stallone justifies it by stating that it needed to be realistic and not hold back in order to emphasise the situation in Burma.

I personally loved the movie and if you can get over the gore and the fact that it may star people you don't like (like that would ever stop me seeing a movie) then you may find the plot, the characters and the journey Rambo makes to be both entertaining and thought provoking.

IDI Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Incredible Dark Iron NOMS - Part 2:
Rambo 4 is probably the best of the series since Part One. Yes, the gore is over the top but Stallone justifies it by stating that it needed to be realistic and not hold back in order to emphasise the situation in Burma.

I personally loved the movie and if you can get over the gore and the fact that it may star people you don't like (like that would ever stop me seeing a movie) then you may find the plot, the characters and the journey Rambo makes to be both entertaining and thought provoking.

IDI Noms [Cool]

Noms,

How does Stallone look in the movie? Does he look the part or does he look old?

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

He looks world weary, as you'd expect from a guy who's been through all Rambo has been through.

He certainly doesn't look as old as he did in Rocky Balboa

IDI Noms [Cool]

deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
quote:
...which, IIRC, is scheduled to come out sometime this week. [/QB]
HA, you're right!!! Well, almost. [Big Grin] It will be available through amazon from June 27. over here. And yesssss: the uncut version will also be available!! Obviously the theaters here only showed a version which was cut by 4 minutes. [Mad]
I can't wait! [Cool]

pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally saw it. I'm glad that Rambo's an old guy who can still kick some a**!! This was one of the best films I've seen in awhile.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Watched Rambo yesterday, great movie!
Very, very violent but so good. Stallone was awesome.

Wikipedia:

The 1990 Guinness World Records deemed Rambo III the most violent film ever made,
with 221 acts of violence, at least 70 explosions, and over 108 characters killed on-screen.
However, the body count of the fourth film in the series, Rambo, surpassed that record, with 261 kills.

Hey, someone counted [Cool]

They have just released the extended cut dvd but i don´t know if i need it.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anthony33
Senior Rewinder
Member # 9820

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Anthony33   Email Anthony33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I met Julie Benz, she was not very friendly...she was getting in a fight with Cindy Morgan (from Caddy Shack)....I just thought the whole situation was stupid, over why they were arguing, so I don't care to see her in anything.

So, why were they arguing? I liked this movie a lot, by the way. The last Rocky movie was really good too.
Posts: 60 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home