iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Poltergeist (2015)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Poltergeist (2015)
J2ME
Rewind Legend
Member # 5728

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for J2ME     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Trailer #1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCmAaNk_iIQ

International Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liZvgU3baCs

It was only a matter of time..

-

Posts: 1564 | From: Emirates Stadium | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always wonder if youngsters today experience these remakes with the same intensity as we did the originals.
Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love the original and also enjoy the sequels,even part 3 to some extent,I'm not personally against remakes,I do tend to watch them out of curiosity more than anything though.

The last 2 movies I saw at the theatres were horror remakes,I went to the midnight showings of both - the last house on the left (there was only about 8 people in the cinema and that includes the wife and i) and the Friday the 13th remake.

From personal experience I don't think i have yet to see a remake that come's close to the original.

That's a good point you bring up there johnny,to a lot of them especially if they've never seen the original on what it is based on it's probably going to feel all fresh and new,to the likes of us who have all we are likely to be doing while viewing it is keep making comparisons and probably criticsms's.

PS. I hope the people on the set of this one don't end up with the poltergeist curse!

[ 11. February 2015, 12:01: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Surprisingly this one has caught my interest. Most remakes are for the birds but this might turn out for the better since Raimi is involved.

Most of the horror remakes I've seen were acceptable but nothing overly bad with the exception being Halloween II. Rob Zombie is terrible when it comes to film.

Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that they can and most certainly will make it scarier but they will never get the same feel the original had.
And based on the trailer, i can say that i don´t care for some of the cast.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Agree with JCUs first thought aboit this peaking my interest while other 80 remaxe do not... like Reddawn, Halloween and Friday the 13th. Sometimes a sequel loox more attractive to me. Like the new MadMax film coming up.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can never replicate the feeling of the original because so much more is required to do so than just the film.

1982 was a much different time for films. You didn't see the sheer amount of shock effect like we see now and people weren't generally accustomed to seeing a film like Poltergeist. It wasn't a low budget cheesy B movie. It was a relatively "high" budgeted film with a compelling story, quality effects and a very good cast.

Today, for the most part, you tend to get a crappy story, terrible CGI and a cast that wouldn't be able to make it in a high school play.

The trailer made me want to see it but I've been burned. Hopefully there are more compelling parts than what was shown in the teaser.

I bet many people can remember how it felt seeing the original either in the theater or in my case, late night on HBO. I don't think I slept for weeks after seeing it.

Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The is a 59 second trailer does nothing to whet the appetite. It doesn't make me want to go and see it.

http://youtu.be/163pjk1Niz4

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
Without knowing what it was, it happened to start playing on some website as I moused over the page and I found it interesting. The iconic clown scene compelled me but I hope it isn't the case where the best scenes are shown in the trailer like we've been subjected to many times prior.
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are the clowns???
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably not going to see it. Or at least not until it becomes available on Netflix/Bluray. And if those are the best scenes the movie hastto offer in the trailer. Then it looks like I won't be missing much.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No No No.....this looks awful. Watch the Original. The behind the scenes stuff about the original cast is so much more interesting too than this badly acted remake, you can tell how bad it will be just from the previews.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chloe
Master Rewinder
Member # 37365

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Chloe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The original was a true classic!
I hate remakes!

Posts: 232 | From: United Kingdom | Registered: Apr 2015 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
The remake was shockingly watchable compared to the usual end result of a remade classic.

The story was somewhat similar to the original but much faster paced and anti-climactic. The son had a larger role than what we saw in the original and the youngest daughter was a nice fit to the original character of Carol Anne. My biggest gripe is how the importance of the spirit medium was given very minor importance.

kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I`m not a remake fan either. Back in the day when we had First Choice, a movie channel in the 80`s, a few of my buddies were staying the night with a plan for us to sleep in my trailer, parked in my yard. We watched Poltergeist...we slept inside!!!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home