iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Day of the Dead...the remake

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Day of the Dead...the remake
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious if anyone saw this or not.....

It wasn't quite the trainwreck I thought it was going to be, but it wasn't too far off. It started off as ok...but by the last 20 minutes you'll think its being directed by a 14 year old with the "monster movie cliche' handbook" open in front of him.

With lines that were clearly written by soundbytes-r-us.

And yet...I didn't shut it off...I watched to the end...the completely abusurd end...but the end nontheless.

Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, i'm a big zombie movie fan, and so i thought it was pretty cool. (i know, they weren't zombies, more like infected...) there wasn't anything spectacular about the movie though. when you say "cliche".. i know what you mean. but i actually welcomed that. i tried to imagine it as something from the 80s and it helped.

i like it, overall. i wouldn't mind seeing it again, even. [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love zombie movies and I had no idea this was being remade.

I never liked Day of the Dead, but I watched it again recently and finally enjoyed it. It was actually a very smart movie with some interesting ideas to communicate.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HeadRusch
Master Rewinder
Member # 3755

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for HeadRusch   Email HeadRusch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, just make sure you dont bother with Diary of the Dead...its bad beyond words.
Posts: 125 | Registered: Jan 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awwww diary of the dead just had extremely bad acting and the indie spin on it, was a bit hard to swallow. but i can appreciate it somewhat, as a romero fan. towards the end, the movie had gotten a lot better for me. some of the characters were crappy as well. but i have seen some really awful zombie b-movies that DOD couldn't compare to.
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home