iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Rotten Tomatoes Worst of the Worst

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rotten Tomatoes Worst of the Worst
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In late 2009, Rotten Tomatoes compiled a list of 100 poorly-received movies that came out in the last decade (2000-2009) that range from 0 to 7%. I'll give you the link: Rotten Tomatoes: Worst of the Worst

Most notable rankings include
1. Ballistic: Ecks vs. Sever (Antonio Banderas & Lucy Liu) - 0%
2. One Missed Call (Shannyn Sossamon & Edward Burns) - 0%
3. Pinocchio (Roberto Benigni) - 0%
6. Superbabies: Baby Geniuses 2 (Jon Voight, Scott Baio) - 0%
10. Witless Protection (Larry the Cable Guy & Jenny McCarthy) - 0%
12. Killing Me Softly (Heather Graham & Joseph Fiennes) - 0%
15. Alone in the Dark (Christian Slater, Tara Reid & Stephen Dorff) - 1%
16. Daddy Day Camp (Cuba Gooding, Jr.) - 1%
17. Twisted (Ashley Judd, Samuel L. Jackson & Andy Garcia) - 2%
18. The Master of Disguise (Dana Carvey) - 2%
19. Half Past Dead (Steven Seagal, Ja Rule & Morris Chestnut) - 2%
21. Epic Movie - 2%
22. Disaster Movie - 2%
25. Meet the Spartans - 2%
27. Battlefield Earth (John Travolta, Barry Pepper & Forest Whitaker) - 2%
28. Rollerball (Chris Klein, Jean Reno, LL Cool J & Rebecca Romijn) - 3%
29. Bless the Child (Kim Basinger, Jimmy Smits & Christina Ricci) - 3%
30. Fear Dot Com (Stephen Dorff, Natascha McElhone & Stephen Rea) - 3%
36. The Whole Ten Yards (Bruce Willis & Matthew Perry) - 4%
40. Down to You (Freddie Prinze, Jr. & Julia Stiles) - 4%
42. House of the Dead - 4%
44. Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li (Kristin Kreuk) - 4%
46. Material Girls (Hilary & Haylie Duff) - 4%
48. Bloodrayne (Kristanna Loken, Ben Kingsley, Michael Madsen & Michelle Rodriguez) - 4%
49. In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale (Jason Statham) - 4%
50. Dirty Love (Jenny McCarthy & Carmen Electra) - 4%
56. Because I Said So (Diane Keaton & Mandy Moore) - 5%
58. Christmas with the Kranks (Tim Allen & Jamie Lee Curtis) - 5%
59. 88 Minutes (Al Pacino) - 5%
60. The Perfect Man (Hilary Duff & Heather Locklear) - 5%
61. Good Luck Chuck (Dane Cook & Jessica Alba) - 5%
62. Serving Sara (Matthew Perry & Elizabeth Hurley) - 5%
63. Yours, Mine & Ours (Dennis Quaid & Rene Russo) - 5%
64. Corky Romano (Chris Kattan) - 5%
65. Swept Away (Madonna & Adriano Giannini) - 5%
67. The Hottie and the Nottie (Paris Hilton) - 5%
73. Gigli (Ben Affleck & Jennifer Lopez) - 6%
74. Envy (Ben Stiller, Jack Black, Rachel Weisz & Christopher Walken) - 6%
75. Son of the Mask (Jamie Kennedy & Alan Cumming) - 6%
77. Date Movie - 6%
78. Deck the Halls (Matthew Broderick & Danny DeVito) - 6%
79. The Adventures of Pluto Nash (Eddie Murphy) - 6%
80. Big Momma's House 2 (Martin Lawrence) - 6%
81. Extreme Ops - 6%
89. Basic Instinct 2 (Sharon Stone) - 7%
90. Dragonfly (Kevin Costner) - 7%
91. Surviving Christmas (Ben Affleck, James Gandolfini, Christina Applegate & Catherine O'Hara) - 7%
92. Babylon, A.D. (Vin Diesel) - 7%
93. A Sound of Thunder (Edward Burns, Catherine McCormack & Ben Kingsley) - 7%
95. Lost Souls (Winona Ryder & Ben Chaplin) - 7%
96. All About Steve (Sandra Bullock, Bradley Cooper & Thomas Haden Church) - 7%
97. Boat Trip (Cuba Gooding, Jr.) - 7%
98. Cheaper by the Dozen 2 (Steve Martin & Bonnie Hunt) - 7%
99. Glitter (Mariah Carey) - 7%
100. Whiteout (Kate Beckinsale) - 7%

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
88 Minutes is a good flick imo. And I enjoy Christmas With The Kranks. Lost Souls grew on me after a second watch.

Basic Instinct 2 was one of the worst things I've ever seen, just wow.

Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnny Roarke is reckless
Rewind Icon
Member # 9826

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Johnny Roarke is reckless   Email Johnny Roarke is reckless   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Fear Dot Com. It might not have turned out exactly what William Malone had in mind, but
there's enough to enjoy for horror enthusiasts.

Lots of reviews were way too harsh, not only on Fear Dot Come, but also on Malone's Parasomnia (2008).

Posts: 2176 | From: The Netherlands | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually liked Killing Me Softly and 88 Minutes. Most of those other movies I have stayed away from, lol!
Posts: 2287 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen Christmas with the Kranks, Yours Mine & Ours and Cheaper by the Dozen 2, and I had no idea that they were that bad! I saw the latter two in the theater when I was kid and thought they were funny but as I grew older, I eventually realize their problems.
Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a heckuva list of dreck with most of those movies deserving to be ridiculed. I mean, "Ballistic" is just awful, like one long, loud shoot-em up, and that's not even done well. I have to disagree on "88 Minutes." I think that it's Pacino's poorest film. It's cheaply made and looks terrible (they apparently didn't get enough coverage because there are so many master shots), it has scene after scene of Pacino while he shouts into a cell phone, it's preposterous (all these babes keep coming on to Pacino, really?), and it has my vote for worst female performance of the decade in Leelee Sobieski, who rolls her eyes, effects a Snidely Whiplash laugh, and chews a lot of scenery.

I will admit that "Christmas with the Kranks," while poor in comparison to Grisham's book, isn't that terrible--at least compared to Costner's dreadful and insipid "Dragonfly" and the great disaster that is "A Sound of Thunder" with Ed Burns and Sir Ben Kingsley looking at the worst CGI dinosaurs you will ever see.

[ 17. April 2012, 12:41: Message edited by: Crash ]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell yes, Pacino is still stunning [Razz]
Posts: 4056 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i didnt think all about steve was a terrible movie, thomas haden church had some funny lines in it

i agree crash on christmas with the Kranks, but costner's worst i think would have to be the new daughter

i thought 88 minutes was all right ceartinly not as terrible as some of the others on the list as in the master of disguise

and envy honestly shouldnt be on this list, it is one of the last good ones black and stiller done, walken is really funny in it

surviving christmas was good as well, would have been better if they recasted affleck's part

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
movies like step up, torque and the fast and the furious collection should have made there way to this list as well
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of the movies listed here the only ones that I don't feel belong on the list would be All About Steve and Deck the Halls. I watch Deck the Halls every year at Christmas and actually enjoy it more each time that I see it. All About Steve turned out to be a very touching story even though it was a little kooky. I also don't mind Christmas with the Kranks. The majority of the ones listed there I have not seen but, hey, that is my two cents worth!
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
17. Twisted (Ashley Judd, Samuel L. Jackson & Andy Garcia) - 2%

I didn't mind this film at all.

19. Half Past Dead (Steven Seagal, Ja Rule & Morris Chestnut) - 2%

One of the better latter-day Seagal flicks.

40. Down to You (Freddie Prinze, Jr. & Julia Stiles) - 4%

So bad its good rom-com, Prinze drinks shampoo to prove his love for Stiles, the audience drinks shampoo to numb the pain. Annoying characters break the forth wall to address the audience, the audience wishes they could break the forth wall to punch them.

73. Gigli (Ben Affleck & Jennifer Lopez) - 6%

I genuinely don't get the hatred for this film, its not the best movie ever made but no way did it deserve the kind of flack it got. I think it was more of a tabloid media reaction to 'Bennifer' than anything else.

100. Whiteout (Kate Beckinsale) - 7%

Another movie I didn't mind, a tad boring but Beckinsale looks good and even loses a finger to frostbite, what more do you want? An interesting storyline and a better director, apparently.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jessie the Sunflower Goddess:
Of the movies listed here the only ones that I don't feel belong on the list would be All About Steve and Deck the Halls. I watch Deck the Halls every year at Christmas and actually enjoy it more each time that I see it. All About Steve turned out to be a very touching story even though it was a little kooky. I also don't mind Christmas with the Kranks. The majority of the ones listed there I have not seen but, hey, that is my two cents worth!

I like Deck The Halls too.

"Who's your daddy?"

Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home