iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Going the Distance

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Going the Distance
Devolution
DEVO Divine Moderator
Member # 1731

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Devolution   Email Devolution   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devolution here,

-

You ever find yourself loving a movie that you weren't too thrilled about seeing?

That was me with Going the Distance. Drew Barrymore does a great job with this movie, that's two for two with her. Whip it (a great movie also) being the first one.

Justin Long and her have great chemistry, maybe because they were dating at the time, or maybe because they are about the same age anyway, but I think they did a good job combining lewd "40 year old virgin" humor and what could be taken as a girl movie. This makes it truly a great date movie, as well as a movie for the older crowd.

I think the soundtrack is good, and not forced into 80's music, they do have the Replacements, which instantly wins points with me.

Check it out.

We are DEVO

Posts: 4228 | From: Home of the big landfill | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Devo I ended up watching this yesterday.....one of my buddies told me it was really funny and that I would like it....and I had the same attitude..."eewww whatev"

I laughed so loudly many times!

His roommate was a riot.......with the sdtrk lol and Christina Applegate stole the show......her facial expressions and tough attitude I loved it.........I was so seriously surprised on this one!!!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this movie but haven't watched it yet. My wife usually wants to watch newer movies, but I can usually convince her to watch an 80's classic. She really likes Drew B, so this won't be a hard sell....will try to watch soon.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to see this one. I heart Justin Long. [Smile] Muffy has mentioned it to me, so I will try to catch it soon!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home