iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » I admire Amanda Peet! you with me?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I admire Amanda Peet! you with me?
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I just watched this indie film Please Give...it's an ok movie totally an indie I wasn't impressed with the end just the stars of the movie....but Amanda Peet always shines in the movies I see her in! big budget or smaller indies.

She's naturally beautiful, and she seems to play those girls with quick wit and charm very well and you always love her character....some recent favs for me:

The Ex......Zach Braff and Jason Bateman...if you haven't seen it definitely look into it it's hilarious!
The trailer:
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/300908/2068044
Igby Goes Down
trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQqZZsOdc0k&feature=related

and I actually really liked The Whole Nine yards!

anyone got any opinion?

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amanda sure looks pretty hot.
But the only film i´ve seen her in was Whipped (2000) and it wasn´t very good.

She seem to play strong characters and still have that certain charm like you said.
I need to check out those movies you mentioned.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry muffy, for some reason i cannot stand this woman. she pops up in movies and always seems to play an annoying character??

i heard she's really good friends with john cusack.. they've been in a couple of movies together...2012 & identity.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a fan. Like Muffy said, naturally beautiful, and I liked her in Identity, Saving Silverman, and A Lot Like Love. Beautiful eyes...girl next door kinda look....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ronnie say it isn't so? so you feel for Amanda what I feel for Jennifer Anniston or Julia Roberts? [Smile]

A Lot Like Love was surprisingly great to me too Kev! Haven't seen Whipped I assumed I wouldn't like it you know I shouldn't assume....***-out-of-you-and-me.

I can't stress how great THE EX IS!!! Bateman steals the show....he's hilarious! The locker room scene omg!

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Admire? Is that the right word? She's a pretty woman who went into a profession that is notably biased towards pretty people, and she's made money and had some degree of success. Personally, I admire nurses more than actresses.

Peet is usually pretty good in the movies I've seen her in (even if the movies themselves aren't that good). But, then again, why shouldn't she be? She's been an actress for ages and she has a pretty face. If you can't put those two together and make 'em work you might as well give up on life!

I agree about Julia Roberts though... she grinds my gears!

quote:
Beautiful eyes...girl next door kinda look....
Maybe if you live in Beverly Hills!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw your post here a while ago Muffy. I think Amanda Peet is really beautiful and a good actress. Anyhoo, I thought I'd tell you that she is working on a pilot titled Bent on NBC. I just read this over at tvline.com
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
I'll have to check it out Pitts! thanks for the info [Smile]
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I actually prefer her in more serious roles like Syrianna etc AP was good as Ben Affleck's bitchy fiancée in Changing Lanes.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i like i really like.

thought she was funny on saving silverman

Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm with Ronnie--and Muffy--on this one. Amanda Peet can be very good at times, see "The Whole Nine Yards," but she's not a world-class actress and, unfortunately, gets cast in a lot of shrill or shrewish parts. (And I don't find her particularly attractive either.) Jennifer Anniston is basically a walking, talking haircut, who, while a somewhat cute and charming TV actress, has absolutely zero presence on the big screen, see "Derailed" in particular. (Funny how David Duchovny, so good on TV, also just disappears into the backround in theatrical movie roles. I think that it's the acting style is "too small" for movies.) And we aren't even going to mention Julia Roberts, whom I can only stand in small doses. [Smile]
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? David Duchovny was brilliant in "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead".. [Wink]

Amanda Peet was great in "The Whole Nine Yards" and "The Ex".. and I'll throw in "Saving Silverman" and "A Lot Like Love" as decent movies.. but where's the golden ticket? I keep wanting Peet to be in something amazing, but it just hasn't happened.

What about "Syriana"?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Duchovny! ROFL

Yeah, something in the back of my mind tells me that Peet is actually attractive--and I want to like her--but you're right that she never gets the parts. And then I go back to fantasizing about Rachel McAdams or Elizabeth Banks or Rosario Dawson, beautiful women who really can act and do get good roles. [Smile]

Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home