iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Easy A (2010)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Easy A (2010)
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondered what some of you thought about this one?

It had some cute moments but I could not relate to the teenagers in this one.

-

Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been waiting to rent this one. i hear emma stone does a great job? i will watch it and let you know, SA. [Smile]
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Secret Admirer
Rewind Maestro
Member # 3574

37 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Secret Admirer   Email Secret Admirer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, let me know what you think, Ronnie.
Posts: 929 | From: Deb to Tone | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just picked it up, SA. [Smile] will be watching it tonight!
Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't wait to see what you think Ronnie!

I liked this one....not to the point i'd watch it again....but it was funny and cute. I thought for the 80s movie references they did, they did it well and cute!

I like Emma Stone after seeing The House Bunny she plays the "suppose to be awkward" character well.

Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

well, guys i watched it. i thought it was ok to see once? definitely had some charming moments, and i appreciated the 80s references like you, muffy but i agree about the other characters, they were written terribly, except the parents. they were funny. [Smile]
emma stone was funny too, loved her!

Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought the parents were hilarious and quite entertaining.

Totally enjoyed the flashback to some of fav 80's teen flicks.. and there were several quick 80's references etc.

Overall, I must admit that I enjoyed it, but not enough to buy it.

Also, I wish they had kept the 80's artists for the tunes.

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
seen the making of easy a either on showtime or hbo i cant remember which, watched some clips of the movie and thought alot of these kids seemed to be hip and really with it or a bit smarter than what they should be for their age. maybe its just me but alot of these movies of today are trying hard to make these kids super cool and are leaving out good comic potential in the form of naive vulnerbilities that comes with the territory of being a kid at that age. i should watch the whole movie to form an honest opinion but it seems like a on going trend in movies today.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home