iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Blood Diamond...(warning spoilers)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blood Diamond...(warning spoilers)
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having served in Sierra Leone in 2001 I have been waiting to watch this film with high hopes and I wasn't disappointed at all.

However, why does Leo Di Caprio only seem to do movies in which his character dies. Once he checked his torso and found blood on himself I thought "here we go again".

Still, excellent movie and highly rec-noms-mended.

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And at least now Charles Taylor's probably going to pay for his grave crimes there and in Liberia once the World Court gets through with him.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'Pay' in the same way that Saddam paid for his crimes?

Let's hope not...

(hmmmm, bit political that)

So that Leo Di Caprio...just how many films has he died in???

Noms [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Henry Spencer
Rewind Curious
Member # 5857

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Henry Spencer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was, easily the best film I saw that year, Only film that came close was Prestige. This will go down a real classic, I loved it fro mstart to finish. Djimon Hounson delivers a powerhouse performance, with Leo being his usual, reliable self. Plus we had the lovely Connely wandering around the film as well, as a reporter, who was just nice to look at, so I didn't notice whether her performance was up to scratch or not. Haha.

All in all: Great villains, great action, great drama, great ending, great movie. Man, I love these recent political films. (Munich, Blood Diamond, Children Of Men, Last King Of Scotland Good Shepherd, The Lives Of Others etc) With upcoming ones as well; Charlie Wilson's War for one. Good stuff.

Posts: 7 | From: Manchester | Registered: Jun 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a little slow moving for me, but the acting was stellar. I could have done without Leo's accent in this one.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like adventure movies, and I am definitely not a Leo fan, but this one does look decent. Maybe I'll check it out.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

Not sure I'd call this an adventure movie, more like a historical thriller/drama. And yes Leo's accent does grate but you soon get over it. Well worth a watch!

Noms [Cool]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home