iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » New Dune movie coming soon.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Dune movie coming soon.
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right French director Pierre Morrel is an experienced director in his country and made a solid US debut called "Taken" is helming as director of a new 4-part big screen Dune movie from Paramount Pictures.

The director is a guy who cares about the book as he stated he is a fan of the Dune novels since he was 12 years old and will make this not an action movie but a unique faithful adaptation of the book to the big screen.

It should be awesome because i'm a huge fan of the novels since i was 12 and despise David Lynch's turd of an adaptation.

Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
It should be awesome because i'm a huge fan of the novels since i was 12 and despise David Lynch's turd of an adaptation.
There should be a thread about this [Wink]

In the interest of 'Limon Cordial' (Lemon Cordial); what did you think of the Dune TV series?

Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for HarryCanyon   Email HarryCanyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a fair enough adaptation but children of Dune is better.
Posts: 125 | From: Santa Ana, California | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
And you a fan of the books as much as i am?
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not really. Perhaps that's why I don't mind the fact the movie wasn't a great adaptation?
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HarryCanyon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9143

Rate Member
Besides The Matrix, Star Wars and Avatar are already the same thing as Dune. But this could bring Dune to a new level on the big screen.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home