iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Sick Nurses (2008)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sick Nurses (2008)
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

"Sick Nurses", (Suay Laak Sai), is a Thai Horror film directed by Piraphan Laoyont and Thodsapol Siriwiwat.

Plot:
In a run-down, suburban Bangkok hospital, young Dr. Tar (Wichan Jarujinda) and seven nurses have been running a scheme to sell dead bodies on the black market. However, one nurse, Tahwaan (Chol Wachananont), has found out that her boyfriend, Dr. Tar, has been having an affair with her sister, Nook (Chidjun Rujiphan). Growing tired of the body-selling scam and enraged by her sister and boyfriend's betrayal, Tahwaan threatens to call the police.

However, before Tahwaan can take action, the doctor and six resident nurses at the hospital, strap Tahwaan to an operating table, kill her and then wrap her in a black plastic garbage bag. They then dump her in the trunk of the doctor’s car, where her corpse will be kept on dry ice until it can be sold.

All the women have their own obsessions and weaknesses. The spirit of Tahwaan uses these obsessions to torment and ultimately kill the other six nurses. Scenes shown toward the end of the film indicate that many of these obsessions were in part encouraged by Dr. Tar, or in some cases, used by him to seduce some of the women. For example, Aeh (Kanya Rattanapetch) seems unhealthily attracted to material possession such as jewelry, dresses, and handbags. One brief scene shows Dr. Tar giving Aeh a handbag that was shown sewn to her head and neck earlier in such a manner that when Nook tries to undo the stitching, Aeh is left decapitated.

The synopsis above is taken directly from the movie's Wiki page. All except for the last paragraph which is a spoiler of the ending. So if you've yet to see the movie and don't want to spoil the ending..DO NOT read the entire plot of the film on the wiki page.

My Review:
I was hesitant about checking this movie out at first. But, since it's been my experience that foreign horror films generally tend to be alot better than American horror films, it didn't take much thought for me to check it out. And I'm glad I did.

In general, the film is very similar to other foreign paranormal and horror flicks, but with a good amount of slice n' dice thrown in the mix. There are a couple rather gruesome parts that definitely is not for the squeamish.

Not much else can be said about this film other than it's definitely one any fan of foreign horror should check out.

[ 18. September 2016, 14:39: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im definatly going to have a look
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This movie is seriously underwatched by horror fans. I knew nothing of this until it was suggested. After driving to the store on sheer faith and parting with my money, i was finding my self pausing throughout the movie to get another beer and more chips. i didnt want it to end and the synopsis above makes it almost sound ridulous to a point and it is beyond beleif but in a way you can actually appreciate if you appreciate good horrors in general. In parts youll say 'Ouch' and 'OMG' but overall youll say 'im glad i read this thread and chose to give it a go. Its a gem!! Dont delve into finding out more, just go watch it.
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Cool] I'm happy that you enjoyed it Willy. And you're Dead On with everything you said about it. The plot and the acting are indeed a bit on the ridiculous side. But the visuals and overall brutality more than make up for this.

[ 18. September 2016, 14:40: Message edited by: Pyro ]

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home