iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Michael Myers to be Maskless for Most of H2

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Michael Myers to be Maskless for Most of H2
SHOGUN
Master Rewinder
Member # 477

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for SHOGUN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/04/08/...or-most-of-h2/

If you’ve seen any of the set photos from H2, Rob Zombie’s sequel to the Halloween reboot, you may have noticed Tyler Mane not wearing the signature mask, ShockTillYouDrop was able to confirm with effects make-up artist Wayne Toth that Michael Myers will be maskless for more than 70% of the film. Towards the end of the film, Myers wears a new mask which Toth describes as “a lot different from any of [the masks] we’ve seen.”

“People are going to be surprised when they see it. It’s going to thrown the Myers fans for a loop.”

One of my big problems with Zombie’s reboot is that he took the scare/creep factor out of the equation by showing Myers origins. I come from the belief that people will always be more afraid of the dark, or what they can’t see or know than the monster they can see and know. While Mane’s unmasked Myers does look menacing, I think the mask was one of the main reasons Myers always creeped me out. But I’m willing to give Myers the benefit of the doubt one more time, as I really enjoyed his earlier indie horror flicks.

SCREW YOU ZOMBIE!!!!

[Frown]

Posts: 199 | From: LONDON | Registered: May 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just the opposite. After watching the Halloween series over and over again, I found myself wanting details of Myer's origins. I felt Myers became dull much like a Jason or Freddy after each killing and bringing back to life. True it's not real but after continuous sequel it gets yawning, boring, extremely unreal, etc. I would have preferred it be through John Carpenter's eyes, but IMO Zombie did a good job.......

[ 09. April 2009, 18:38: Message edited by: MotleyRulz ]

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Zombie did a good job too. I see where Motley's coming from...I always wanted to know why he would just snap and kill his sister and then go on a killing spree. I for one cannot wait to see Zombie's new film.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SHOGUN:
[QBShockTillYouDrop was able to confirm with effects make-up artist Wayne Toth that Michael Myers will be maskless for more than 70% of the film.[/QB]

That's just sick. SICK AND WRONG!!!
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI... Bad link

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/04/08/...or-most-of-h2/

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love the halloween movies and michael myers is one of the best horror movie villians ever created.

zombie did an outstanding job on his version of halloween. therefor, i would definitely love to see his newest creation and take on the myers story.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home