iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » The haunting in connecticut

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The haunting in connecticut
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has anyone seen it ?

Its out here this weekend and I wanna know whether its any good....

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always thought that living in Connecticut would be scary enough [Smile]
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son said the movie is based on a true story, it happened in 1986. The boy had cancer, and they moved to be close to the hospital, and he thought he was having hallucinations from the drugs. He eventually had to be taken to a mental ward. Then the family started seeing things.

I am having a Paranormal group come to my Bed N Breakfast for a weekend, to check it out...we had some weird stuff happen here over the weekend, again...it's just so often...so the movie is right up my alley....

I think the movie could be good....but from the previews it looks really creepy.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was a preview I just saw the other night, for a movie that seemed very similiar to this one...from the preview...it is called "The Messengers"- has anyone seen it? It looked too creepy for me. Dylan McDermont and Penelope Ann Miller are in it.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't seen a Haunting in CT yet (funny comment about CT Sam [Wink] ) but I want to. I've seen the Messengers. It was okay...not as good as I hoped. There's a sequel coming out to it sometime this year...direct to video I think...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Real estate prices are scarier in Connecticut than this movie was. Beware of PG-13 rated horror movies! We went and saw this today and thought it wasn't even remotely scary. It has a good premise but the scariness factor just wasn't there to me....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by pettyfan:
funny comment about CT Sam [Wink]

It was. [Big Grin]

quote:
Originally posted by Sammy Hain Invasion:
I always thought that living in Connecticut would be scary enough [Smile]

It is. [Wink]

quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Real estate prices are scarier in Connecticut than this movie was.

You have no idea. [Eek!]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
If it isn't scary...then I might want to see it...my son said he's never seen a scary movie at the movies...so maybe we'll go see it. Aside from the movie not being scary- was it any good?
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS, my comments are not referring to the movie, they are about CT. I have not seen the movie yet.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw a documentary about it on the discovery channel afew years ago and that was really scary……It’s a 15 certificate here so I doubt its gonna scare me.
Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
ISIS - That is so cool about your b&b...I've stayed in afew so called haunted hotels but I've never seen or heard anything.
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the topic was about the movie not a b and b how did it get switched? Oh wait yeahhhhh.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The movie is about a Haunted House...that's what I am living in. So, where'd you get lost along the way?
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

Not lost but I thought the topic was about the movie and as usual it gets off the beaten path onto a b and b that's always brought up regardless of the topic.........
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
The premise of the movie is what I was talking about, and my house is a B & B, and it has a long history to it....of things happening here before I moved in...that's exactly what happens in this movie- it isn't like it had no connection.

Maybe I'll connect B & B - to Beavis and Butthead.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

That would be much better.......
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, and once again we get movie comparisons to personal life. Snoooooooze.
Posts: 2292 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I know the guy's uncle's second cousin's half brother's dad's stepson who created Beavis and Butt-Head......
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Wow that's fascinating...it surely doesn't surprise me, I thought you would actually be more closely related to Beavis and Butthead themselves.
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love this place [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went and saw this movie last night.

It was based on actual events, and really could have played to people's fears, but did a poor poor job of it. The acting was mediocre, the script was terrible. It had the ability to be a real good movie, but I must give it 2/5 stars.

I would recomend that you wait for it on DVD before you pay and arm and a leg to sit in an uncomfortable seat in a theater. I spent more time thinking about how terrible the chairs were than the movie itself. At least the pop corn was AWESOME!

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
EJ- Thanks for sparing me. [Big Grin]
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me too i will wait for the dvd now for sure!! thanks!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
I went to see it on Saturday night.
I wasn't expecting it to be great but I left disappointed. Wish I'd waited for the DVD. [Frown]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home