iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » Revolutionary Road

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Revolutionary Road
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am thinking about going to see this one when it comes out. Ron Howard has been making a comeback lately. I always thought he was a really good director. This movie is set in the 50's-which I always like movies set in another decade. I was never crazy about Kate Winslet in Titanic, but I did like Leonardo Dicaprio in it-so it might be neat to see them together again after 10 years.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i think kate winslet is a brilliant actress. everything i have seen her in... she does an amazing job. which is probably why she consistently gets nominated for best actress.

btw, she won 2 golden globes on sunday for her character in this movie, plus another one she's in, called THE READER. that's a great accomplishment. in her acceptance speech she told leo she loves him and praised him for this film. he was in tears.

anyway, i want to see this movie. i think most married couples might want to check it out.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly, I have never seen Kate Winslet in any movie other than Titanic. I have never even seen a preview for a movie she was in, that I was interested in watching.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ISIS...I'd recommend "The Holiday" and "Little Children"...I liked her in both of these. I think she's beautiful.....
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Is "The Holiday" the one with Cameron Diaz?
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep...and Jack Black, Jude Law....excellent movie...it's a must see ISIS...
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
That did look a little intersting. I can't stand Jack Black though. I tried to watch Kung Fu Panda last night, and made it through 20 minutes- even though I couldn't see him, and it didn't even sound like him...it was dumb. Jack Black doesn't date either of those girls in "The Holiday", does he? Because I can't even picture that one.
Muffy Tepperman
Leopard-print Leotard Wearer.....
Member # 1551

26 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Muffy Tepperman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heavenly Creatures!
Posts: 2912 | Registered: Jun 2003 | Site Updates: 26  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Black is classic..........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Isis I'm about to agree with you! Goodness. Anyway, I have to agree about Kung Fu Panda--it really was horrible. One of the kids bought it and we showed it to them since we can't go outside for recess and we never made it through the whole movie. I don't think any of us teachers liked it. Of course, I don't really like any kind of kids' movie so maybe that's it...
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Pettyfan-if you think agreeing with me is a "bad thing" , then someone has brain washed you- [Wink] [Big Grin]

I thought the Kung Fu Panda movie was whacked. He has a duck for a father (he must have been adopted)-but they never explain all that. They had pigs and ducks everywhere, and I thought -hmm....I never associated those animals with China/Japan ...but if you think about it they eat alot of duck and alot of pork lo mein- so they must have a bunch of them over there-I wonder if that was some kind of subliminal message about what's for dinner.

I thought the part with the bad guy being down in the dungeon, with some kind of weird device on him to keep him in prison- was kind of gross and creepy...and even though he was bad-I thought that was weird.

I thought the ones called The Magnificent Five- were horrible to "Po", they were all snobby and rude and mean, and I just didn't like any of that kind of stuff...and then the fighting stuff was dumb, it had no rhyme or reason to it.

My son asked me to watch it, and I felt like someone had me tied up in some torture device...I was so uncomfortable watching that movie-and I said, I can't take it. Neither could my mom. But, I think they made a sequel to it already.

That's called being hard up for family entertainment.

Michael Slowack
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7679

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Michael Slowack   Email Michael Slowack   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The book by under rated writer Yates was very good. So that is promising for the movie. But then you never know, it is a different medium all together... let us know ISIS when you see it. It came out here in Chicago about a week ago. Haven't had time...
Posts: 12 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
My movie theater is about 3 weeks behind everywhere else...I am still waiting for Gran Torino. I definately think I'll go see this one though.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home