iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » The Day the Earth Stood Still

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Day the Earth Stood Still
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son wants to see this movie. I hadn't even heard of it. It stars Keanu Reeves, Jennifer Connelly and Kathy Bates. It comes on 12-12-08.

Does anyone want to see it?

http://www.movieweb.com/video/V08KcjnwzKNPUX

The preview reminded me of War of the Worlds.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
Does anyone want to see it?

You know that I don't even need to answer that question, but I will....HELL YEAH!
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son saw the original (it was my grandpa's all time favorite movie)...but I have never seen it.

I probably will go see it...just to get out of the house. I do like all the actors in it. So, I hope it is good.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna see it...
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hubby and i have both seen the original black and white movie it is one of his favorite;s it was okay for being that old lol bill wants to go see the new one so we might go this weekend i like keneau so it may be a good flick? dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
this movie opened yesterday and they rated it on the news this morning and only gave it one star!! they said if you have not seen the original to rent it and watch it instead? they also said it was stupified? so we may wait til it comes out on dvd and just rent it? sometimes the critics are wrong though? dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK. I saw it at the theater in IMAX. The IMAX (High Definition) theater was AWESOME! You have got to see any movie you can in IMAX!!! So, I give the movie a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. It could have been better, but, it could have been worse. I would recommend seeing it in IMAX of course if you can. There were some really cool special effects, but, like I said it could have been better. I think a lot of people will wait for the DVD. [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
thanks for the review your right we saw the dark knight in imax and it was awesome!!! dee
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great effects but my main question is why use Keanu Reeves? I liked the movie (although I prefer the original) and I like Keanu but he always seems to give off the surfer vibe in every role he's had. I would have preferred another actor in the main role but still give the movie 7/10..........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Well....I was thinking of taking my son to see it tomorrow, but after reading all this...he said we'll wait....

I thought Keanu was used because of his Matrix stuff (which I have never understood those movies)...but I thought that the look of the Matrix was similiar to this stuff.

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
Nope. Totally different than the Matrix. Like I said, I would see it in an IMAX theater if you can. You may like it more than I did who knows.
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just came across a copy of this on DVD. I'll give my review as soon as I watch it.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Well, watched it last night and I expected much more. It was worth watching once, but not a rewatch movie at all. I even was nodding off at times which is odd for me when I am viewing a sci-fi or action flick. Good thing than Jennifer Connelly was present to fill all the void. 5 out of 10 for me.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home