iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » What did you guys REALLY think of the new INDIANA JONES movie?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What did you guys REALLY think of the new INDIANA JONES movie?
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a huge fan of the Old School series I must say - as much as I loved the old ones - I really didnt know how to feel about them making a new one. I dont think I was expecting much cuz I didnt want to disappoint myself by getting hyped over it. I managed to let it pass me by in theaters....but when I heard it was coming out on DVD I pretty much DID leap to put it on my NETFLIX. I watched it with my husband and daughter (and dog!) last night.

My daughter and dog fell asleep less than half-way in.

Me and my husband? You could have heard a pin drop....and I dont mean that in a good way. There was no laughter no "Wow!" or "Cool!" over the action (there were one or two scenes where had I been drinking I would have said "OH gimme a BREAK!" at how silly and far-fetched they were).

When the move ended he said it was "pretty good" and I said I thought it was "pretty bad".

Now that I've watched it I really wish I hadn't. I was happier remember Indiana Jones the way he was.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it. 3stars to the original trilogys 5stars..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it was OK, saw it in the cinema; some good one liners by Ford, a lot of the scenes had been done before in other movies like The Mummy Returns or Scorpian King, nonetheless as a final hurrah it just about worked.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I quite liked it. Certainly I'm glad I paid to go see it on the big screen - it didn't look like something that would only work on a tv screen.

Loads of 'high fx' movies are like that though. The recent King Kong, most of the Spiderman flix, anything where there's a heavy reliance on CGI - you gotta see it on the big screen in full 5.1 Dolby to get the impact. If you don't do that, you ain't seeing what the Director really wanted to give you.

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes....:
I quite liked it. Certainly I'm glad I paid to go see it on the big screen - it didn't look like something that would only work on a tv screen.

Loads of 'high fx' movies are like that though. The recent King Kong, most of the Spiderman flix, anything where there's a heavy reliance on CGI - you gotta see it on the big screen in full 5.1 Dolby to get the impact. If you don't do that, you ain't seeing what the Director really wanted to give you.

Good point Krusty. Plus I'm too young to have seen the originals so it's my first Indy on the big screen..
Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I absolutely hated it. I wrote that when it first came out. My son hated it too, and he was so psyched to go see it. It looked like a video game in all the action sequences. There was nothing about it that made me think ...wow how did they do that- I knew how they did all of it.

I honestly thought they were really building a cool story up around the "Arc"-but they went nowhere with that. Cate Blanchett's part was horrible.

I thought it was cool that they brought Karen Allen back, but from the time you first see her- the whole way through the movie- she acts like a total nag, and she's crabby and hounding Indiana Jones about everything....she was so cool in Raiders of the Lost Arc. In this movie, she's just annoying.

Then the whole thing with the Aliens ...that was just to far out there. Raiders of the Lost Arc was full of special effects...that were awesome...and they tied the story together that made it almost seem believable that it was possible that something "not of this Earth" could do all that.

The Alien thing was just nutty.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How did they do it? I was once abducted by aliens about two weeks before this movie came out. They told me they did indeed have something to do with this movie and did it in an effort to resurrect Karen Allen's career as she hadn't done anything significant in years. I've slept like a rock every night ever since that fateful May night.......

P.S. The truth is out there......

Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Motley [Wink]

I liked it. Not as much as Raiders or Temple, but it was good. I didn't see Last Crusade, but my parents did, and they liked this one better.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
I was once abducted by aliens about two weeks before this movie came out.

OK....this made me laugh too. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] You're getting better Motley. This kind of humorous bickering is very entertaining.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was hysterical too, except then I realized it was actually true.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah..... And then they brought him back.....

[Razz] [Big Grin]

Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Paul Dangerously, you iceholes....:
Yeah..... And then they brought him back.....

[Razz] [Big Grin]

Maybe he is Travis Walton undercover. [Wink]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I liked it, but it's not as good as the originals. You have to suspend belief of all physics before watching it (refrigerator scene etc...) but it was good to see Indy again. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nomster V2.0
Rewind Nomster

Member # 2688

4 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Nomster V2.0   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it started out badly but got better as it went on. In the opening scenes Harrison Ford looked old and tired but as the movie progressed he looked more like the Indy of old.

Not a patch on Raiders and Last Crusade but better than Temple of Doom (which sucked IMHO)

Indiana Noms and The Lost Rewinders [Cool]

Posts: 2517 | From: Living in oblivion. Third floor up. Nice views from the window.... | Registered: May 2004 | Site Updates: 4  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we watched this last night actually i thought it was good hubby did not? he did not like the way the movie was made? said it all looked too fake? dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

Fake? Naah - you tell him they really set of a nuclear bomb just for ths show, and that it was a regular refrigerator.....
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
okay i will tell him lol!!
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After all the bad press and less than stellar vibes my expectations were extremely low. I picked up the Blu-ray on black Friday for $14.99 and finally watched it today. It doesn't come close to the original, but I actually enjoyed this movie. I'm not someone that thinks another sequel to an old franchise should ever get made years later, but at least they did it right by including the original stars instead of a from scratch reboot which seldom works.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the DVD for Christmas. I'll watch it along with the rest of the series. It had some good scenes. It's hardly a flop. [Smile]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home