iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » The Dark Knight (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Dark Knight
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so excited.. It's one week until I break down the door of my local movie store and throw my money at the dude behind the counter, then run home with my own copy of the greatest ever comic book Movie, and best film of 2008..

Can't wait!!! [Smile]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
commercials are saying there's three hours of extras.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mr. Jack Burton   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NiceGuy Sammy Hain:
commercials are saying there's three hours of extras.

Thanks....

Hey you know, you are a nice guy!! [Wink] [Big Grin]

Posts: 1069 | From: Dragon of the Black Pool Restaurant, Chinatown. | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've preordered the one with the mask on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001G8XRNM [Big Grin]
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Helen_S:
I've preordered the one with the mask on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001G8XRNM [Big Grin]

That is just wicked Helen san..
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I preordered the Dark Knight Blu-ray off of Amazon last week. This is one wicked flick and it should be a treat in Blu.
Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Valley:
I preordered the Dark Knight Blu-ray off of Amazon last week. This is one wicked flick and it should be a treat in Blu.

Yeah, Joker will be awesome in Blu-Ray..
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i thought the joker was the best part of this movie great acting!! i also loved the new car and the effects in this movie!! dee [Smile] [Wink]
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
I agree 100%.

It's the best movie I've ever seen at the Cinema.

And I've seen a lot. I'm so excited about buying it..!!!

Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had my copy pre-ordered from Amazon for a month now. I predict record shattering DVD sales for this.....
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Had my copy pre-ordered from Amazon for a month now. I predict record shattering DVD sales for this.....

Good call..
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I need a Blu-Ray player... I'm thinking about replacing my 19" monitor with a 32" 1080P HDTV. The higher resolution (1920 x 1080) is perfect for a monitor and a HDTV. I really can't afford it... [Eek!]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did not like this movie at all...I thought it was way too violent. The rest of my family did like it. I think the word "wicked" describes it very well.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best movie of the year and top 5 of all time IMO. FYI the local Blockbuster had this on the shelves for sale today and I bought a standard DVD copy as well as the Blu Ray on its way via Amazon. My friend went by to get a copy like 2 hours later and they said they had pulled if off the shelves. I'm still dumbfounded as to why they put it out early and then took it off. The comic was waaaaaaay violent so alotta true comic fans liked it myself included. Wicked is actually a compliment......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fightertown
Master Rewinder
Member # 7418

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Fightertown   Email Fightertown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first Blu-Ray movie!
Posts: 230 | From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have not seen it yet because I absolutely HATED BATMAN BEGINS. Any chance of me liking it if I hated the "first"?
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by mamamiasweetpeaches:
I have not seen it yet because I absolutely HATED BATMAN BEGINS. Any chance of me liking it if I hated the "first"?

You are nuts!! [Smile]
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mamamia-I didn't actually hate Batman Begins as much as I hated this one. This one is horrible. From the beginning....the way they just kill people senselessly. I couldn't keep track of how many killings there were. It was just constant violence and constant killing. The story was sick and demented and twisted. Obviously ...since Heath Ledger is dead now...he said what a horrible effect playing The Joker did on his mind...so watching it and knowing that...that just makes it even more horrific to me.

I was not using wicked as a compliment.

I think Christian Bale acts like an arrogant jerk in this movie, and he screws his lines up in the scene at the dinner at the beginning.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

I'll tell Chris Nolan to send Christian to voice lessons before the next installment or either make hearing aids available to everyone in the theater or hand out outlines to those who have trouble following a movie with actual plot. The killings and violence were faaaaaaar more horrific in Friday the 13th.....

P.S. The Joker had dirty fingernails all throughout the movie......

Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i loved the dark knight and went to the cinema twice to see it.....but i wasn't too thrilled with batman begins.
i'm very interested in seeing some extras on dvd. hopefully there will be some neat stuff.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
P.S. The Joker had dirty fingernails all throughout the movie......

This one even made me laugh. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Helen_S
Hiding behind the shower curtain.....
Member # 5804

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Helen_S   Email Helen_S   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 4057 | From: uk | Registered: May 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
Got my copy. Watching it this weekend. Oh yeah..
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 99.9 % sure that Santa will bring this to me...I mean...I told him exactly where to get it and to hurry for the sale at Walmart...$17 +
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Jack Burton
Rewind Jedi
Member # 4673

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
I'm 99.9 % sure that Santa will bring this to me...I mean...I told him exactly where to get it and to hurry for the sale at Walmart...$17 +

Yeah, but have you been a good boy?? [Big Grin]
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home