iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » Movies » « 21C Movies » the best of the Potter films

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the best of the Potter films
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With today marking the 10th anniversary of the first book's release (in the U.K. at least; it would take another 2 months for it to hit U.S. shelves as Sorcerer's Stone), the final one less than a month away, and the film version of Order of the Phoenix soon upon us as well, it makes sense to as ask which of the screen adaptations to date you think has been the best. I personally am a little split, for while Chamber of Secrets will likely go down as my favorite story in the series, I think Prisoner of Azkaban was the best on screen so far, best showing the character's complexities while still coming off cinematically strong and visually impressive without being overbearing.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my favorite potter movie is definitely the chamber of secrets. prisoner of azkaban would be 2nd favorite.

the order of the phoenix, was good. i like how it explores harry's "darker side."

anyone else see it yet?

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not yet. Probably won't have the time.

By the way, while we're here, if you haven't read the final book, do consider it even if you're not a fan. I would definitely consider it among the best in the series, and it brings everything to a nice close. But that of course is all I'm going to say here.

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my brother read the final book to me. and i agree it was the best of one of all the potter books.
you are right, the epilogue was perfect closure to what we anticipated.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
Although perhaps I was hoping she'd show what happened to EVERYONE who made it through rather than the relatively narrow group that was covered. No matter, I'm sure Rowling will reveal the other people's fates in time once people pressure her on it enough.
Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

we can only hope so chris [Wink]

hope you find time to check out the order of the phx.

Mane1980
Rewind Guru
Member # 4240

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mane1980   Author's Homepage   Email Mane1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like all of them but from all I prefer The Chamber of Secrets, then The Prisioner of Azkaban, The Sorcerer's Stone, The order of the Phoenix and The Goblet of Fire.
Posts: 631 | From: From Out of this World | Registered: Jul 2005 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NowhereGirl:
[QB] we can only hope so chris [Wink]

Looks like we will be in luck; Rowling says she plans to write an all-encompassing series encyclopedia once she catches her breath that will indeed reveal EVERYONE'S fate.

Ronnie
Member # 465

39 Updates!

good news chris!!! [Smile]
Earth Angel
Angel of the Rewind
Member # 3301

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Earth Angel   Email Earth Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh that IS cool. I am a sad Potterite. Anyone who has only seen the films and not read the books has been deprived of a whole lot.

I think the films rely on the viewer having read the book because they miss so much out, I don't see how some of it would make sense otherwise.

The last book was bloody brilliant....I loved it...but it made me sad that it was the end.

I'm a geek and I don't care!! [Wink]

X

Posts: 981 | From: If they dont kiss, they dont fall in love | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home