iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Who had one of these?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Who had one of these?
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SodaStream

It was this device you used to load a canister of gas into the back of, fill the glass bottle with water up to the line and then top the rest off with one of the array of syrup flavours. Then you would insert the bottle into the unit which inserted a tube into the bottle while you were putting it in and you closed the door over it, and then you would press down the button on the top and it with would fill the mixture with gas.
I remember them being nice initially, but then the appeal wore off. It was a fairly cheap quality product for what you were getting, and I remember usually holding down the button too long, too much gas would be shot into the bottle, it would overflow and spill out the door of the unit and make a big mess. Many a towel was cover in the stuff cleaning it up.
Another memory from from the 80's.

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still have one [Cool]

Ok, it´s not a SodaStream but i remember my cousins had one back in the 80s.
I own lots of VHS tapes which include the finnish version of this commercial before the actual movie.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it the same commercial just dubbed over in Finnish or an actual Finish commercial? [Smile]
Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It´s a different commercial.
Hey, i found it! Actually this might be a Swedish commercial with a finnish dubbing:

SodaStream

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
Great thank you very much [Smile]

HAHA Yeah. No matter what way you look at it though, they make it look good in the commercial's [Big Grin]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home