iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » RIP Gary Coleman.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RIP Gary Coleman.
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just seen a report that Gary Coleman the Different Strokes actor had died at the age of 42.
It seems he was taken to hospital in the week after a fall at his home,where he fell into a coma because of a bleed on the brain and died.

Although it was not a cause in his death it's sad to see another 80's actor gone at a relatively young age after his later life being a catalogue of trouble after the 80's fame dried up.

Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sad...

I loved Different Strokes as a kid and remembered it as being a comedy.
But I recentely watched some reruns on TV and was surprised by the seriousness of some of the episodes.

RIP

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
he was a security guard after different strokes for a while. I watched different strokes too. Another shame. RIP
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have season 1 and 2 of Different Strokes on DVD. Loved this as a kid but didn't remember many specific episodes. Watched season 1 a while back and was really impressed with Gary's acting as a child...great comedic timing for his age. And not many will side with me on this one, but...I love "On The Right Track". I have a 9 year old cat named.....WILLIS. A special place in my memory bank...RIP.
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God rest his soul. Gary Coleman was good actor and Diffrent Strokes was a classic sitcom which, as mentioned above, also dealt with serious issues in a non-patronsing manner.
Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad news on the weekend while I was travelling. He was so good at a young age, a shame he didn't live to a ripe old age. Been looking for on the right track for ages. Sad about Dennis Hopper too.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home