iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Ultimate girl-next-door of the '80s (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ultimate girl-next-door of the '80s
Logan 5
Rewind Runner
Member # 1467

21 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Logan 5   Email Logan 5   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
JINX! Double post!
Posts: 3383 | From: England | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 21  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach:
Ah, this is an easy one for me! Jill Whitlow of Night of the Creeps fame. She had such a down-to-earth look in that movie, the kind of girl you'd take to the prom or treat to a nice dinner. She is still amazingly beautiful today.

Here's Jill from NOTC
 -

Good call Zach! So beautiful!
Just remembered that she was also in Thunder Run (1986)
I need to watch it again!

-

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a kid, I loved Lisa Eilbacher from "On The Right Track", but for whatever reason...only looks good to me in this one movie. Checked her IMBD, and....nahhh...not so much. But in OTRT....I'd have marred that girl when I was younger!
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zach
Master Rewinder
Member # 9459

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, sorry about the double post! I must have hit the enter key a second time by accident. Mods, please feel free to delete the second post.

aTomiK, I haven't yet seen Thunder Run but it looks like it's worth a shot. I also enjoyed seeing Jill in her brief roles in Porky's (the girl who asks Meat how he got his name) and Weird Science (the perfume salesgirl). She is a very underrated actress who deserved more substantial roles. At least Fred Dekker recognized her talent and beauty and gave her a big part in Night of the Creeps.

I'd also love to check out another horror movie she did in the '80s, Twice Dead. It's now available on DVD as part of a double feature with The Evil from Shout! Factory. I've been meaning to pick up a copy at my local Newbury Comics along with some of the other titles in the Roger Corman's Cult Classics series (tons of great '70s and '80s drive-in movies for myself and fellow Rewinders!).

Posts: 122 | From: Beverly, MA | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leo Logan
Rewind Idol
Member # 9206

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Leo Logan   Email Leo Logan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Tampa Bay blog "Stuck in the 80s" did a podcast in January 2010 called the "Top 10 girl-next-doors of the 80s" and hosts Steve Spears and Sean Daly came up with their picks.

Steve's picks
1. Kristy McNichol - "Little Darlings"
2. Annabeth Gish - "Mystic Pizza"
3. Catherine Mary Stewart - "The Last Starfighter"
4. Diane Franklin - "Better Off Dead"
5. Jennifer Jason Leigh - "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"

Sean's picks
1. Danica McKellar - "The Wonder Years"
2. Elisabeth Shue - "The Karate Kid"
3. Phoebe Cates - "Gremlins"
4. Lucy Deakins - "The Great Outdoors"
5. Sarah Holcomb - "Caddyshack"

Posts: 4123 | From: Willimantic, CT | Registered: Oct 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zach:

aTomiK, I haven't yet seen Thunder Run but it looks like it's worth a shot. I also enjoyed seeing Jill in her brief roles in Porky's (the girl who asks Meat how he got his name) and Weird Science (the perfume salesgirl). She is a very underrated actress who deserved more substantial roles. At least Fred Dekker recognized her talent and beauty and gave her a big part in Night of the Creeps.

I'd also love to check out another horror movie she did in the '80s, Twice Dead. It's now available on DVD as part of a double feature with The Evil from Shout! Factory. I've been meaning to pick up a copy at my local Newbury Comics along with some of the other titles in the Roger Corman's Cult Classics series (tons of great '70s and '80s drive-in movies for myself and fellow Rewinders!).

My Brother just bought The Evil/Twice Dead set and i have to check out Twice Dead soon.

I think that The Evil is a good haunted house flick.

Posts: 7053 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Good Package
Rewind Legend
Member # 9492

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for The Good Package     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elizabeth Daily or Lea Thompson two off the top of my head but all on this list are great.
Posts: 1605 | From: Lake Chicamocomico | Registered: Feb 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike.
Master Rewinder
Member # 7179

5 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Mike.   Email Mike.       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Samantha Mathis,bit of a weird girl next door but still had a thing for her.
Posts: 270 | From: Southampton England | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 5  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valley

Dated Julie From 'Valley Girl' (allegedly!)
Member # 1322

22 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Valley   Email Valley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike.. It was only 80's hangover, but Samantha Mathis was outstanding in the 80'sRocked fav "Pump Up The Volume"..

Always the same red paper, the same beautiful black writing. She's probably a lot like me, a legend in her own mind. Hehehehe. But you know what, I bet in real life she's probably not that wild. I bet she's kind of shy like so many of us briskly walking the halls, pretending to be late for some class, pretending to be distracted. Hey, poetry lady, are you really this cool? Are you out there? Are you listening?

Posts: 7845 | From: Smiling and glancing in awe in the back of a limo | Registered: Mar 2003 | Site Updates: 22  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Catherine Mary Stewart, Meredith Salenger, Cindy Gibb, and Jill Whitlow. Lori Loughlin and Lucy Deakins get honorable mention.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mary Stewart Masterson.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Gannon
Master Rewinder
Member # 9144

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jack Gannon   Email Jack Gannon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lea Thompson with the Big Hair, from howard the duck!
Posts: 121 | Registered: Sep 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
Catherine Mary Stewart, Meredith Salenger, Cindy Gibb, and Jill Whitlow. Lori Loughlin and Lucy Deakins get honorable mention.

Meredith Salenger - thank goodness someone else said her! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO
Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Crash   Email Crash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kiss. Three words: white bathing suit.
Posts: 2008 | From: Dixieland | Registered: Oct 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
spleus
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 9533

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for spleus   Author's Homepage   Email spleus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mia Sara is best man
Posts: 16 | From: london | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bernie_Lomax

Member # 8571

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Bernie_Lomax   Email Bernie_Lomax   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, she is hot.
Posts: 2586 | From: Defrauding the company from abroad | Registered: Jan 2010 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crash
Rewind Icon
Member # 7484

Member Rated:
I like Mia Sara too, but unfortunately for me, she went from a great girl-next-door in "Ferris Bueller" to taking her clothes off in a few junky direct-to-video erotic thrillers after that. A shame...she should have had a better career. She was married to Sean Connery's son, for goshsakes!
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Crash:
I like Mia Sara too, but unfortunately for me, she went from a great girl-next-door in "Ferris Bueller" to taking her clothes off in a few junky direct-to-video erotic thrillers after that. A shame...she should have had a better career. She was married to Sean Connery's son, for goshsakes!

Yeah, Mia in Ferris Bueller..but that's pretty much it.
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home