iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Favorite 80's sitcom (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Favorite 80's sitcom
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Married With Children and I'm with you on MASH x0x0. I just can't get into it although I can understand others enjoying it.........
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JAY LEE
Rewind Jedi
Member # 6345

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for JAY LEE   Email JAY LEE   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find most of them not funny today, but some have nostalgic value! And some are just like slow, agonizing torture... like the Cosby show... damn that's dire!
Posts: 1278 | From: Denmark,Europe | Registered: Dec 2007 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But at least we'll always have Picture Pages to remember the Coz by.
Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Throw in some Jello pudding pops as well!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Johnson's underpants
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 7680

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Johnson's underpants   Author's Homepage   Email Johnson's underpants   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my personal favorites -

Family Ties
Growing Pains
Coach
Married With Children
Roseanne
The Facts of Life
and last, but not least, Valerie/The Hogan Family - everything Jason Bateman touches turns to gold.

The Wonder Years is absolutely among the best shows ever made, but I personally wouldn't classify it as a sitcom.

Posts: 28 | From: Charlotte, NC | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Remembering when Mel Gibson was young....
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, everybody, there is a British situation comedy from the very early 80s that nobody has even mentioned up until now -- Metal Mickey! "Boogie! Boogie! Boogie!"
Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
x0x0ilymucho
Master Rewinder
Member # 6772

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for x0x0ilymucho   Author's Homepage   Email x0x0ilymucho       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i've never heard of it the only British comedy i've seen was one with a very young Hugh Laurie (House) n it was kind corny lol
Posts: 102 | From: Hill Valley, 1985 | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never heard of it either??
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Lovers with Cassie   Email Lovers with Cassie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Then these are a couple of links for you to familiarise yourselves with Metal Mickey:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_Mickey

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0163467/

Posts: 1756 | From: Australia. | Registered: Mar 2009 | Site Updates: 203  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lovers with Cassie
Member # 7794

203 Updates!

Member Rated:
There are in addition two Australian 80s situation comedies that you may know of. Acropolis Now on top of Mother And Son.
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many to choose from...some of my favorites that spring to mind are:

Rosanne
ALF
The Cosby Show
Married with Children
Who's the Boss
Silver Spoons
Bosom Buddies
The Wonder Years

...But my absolute all-time favorite would have to be "Perfect Strangers." That was easily the funniest and probably most watched show for me in the mid to late 80's. And the show is just as enjoyable to watch now as it was then. Bronson Pinchot as Balky is, of course, hilarious in pretty much every episode. But I also get a good laugh out of his cousin Larry played by the very funny, somewhat under-appreciated, Mark Linn-Baker. Pinchot & Baker were so funny together on this show. Probably one of the funniest comedy duos on the small screen, that i've seen anyway.

Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definately Roseanne and Cheers
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oneyedwilly
The Dread Pirate Rewind....
Member # 8730

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for oneyedwilly   Email oneyedwilly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wonder years
Whos the boss - for alyssa milano
growing pains
family ties
The hogan family
happy days

Posts: 1217 | From: united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amaranth
Ace Rewinder
Member # 8882

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for amaranth   Email amaranth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Golden Girls, Kate and Alie and i remeber one on at night here in uk it was made in the 80s but we got it in the 90s WKRP in cincinatti i liked that one
Posts: 456 | From: Scotland uk | Registered: May 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JAY LEE:
But not a sitcom....

Sitcom as I see it, is 22 min. eps. with laugh track!

Am I wrong??

Not all sitcoms have a laugh track. In fact, the 1970's up to mid-1980's were the start when "canned" laugh tracks were dying out. The trend of having a sitcom taped before a live studio audience started with "All In The Family".

In the 80's, I suppose the short-lived comedy show "Police Squad!" was the exception, because they used neither a studio audience or a laugh track at all.

Nowadays, I can't think of any show currently on TV that uses a laugh track anymore.

Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home