iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » What was your Teenage bedroom like?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What was your Teenage bedroom like?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think about when I was a kid and a teenager...all the time, I miss the house I grew up in, and I miss my bedroom.

When I was really little my room looked like Angel's in the movie "Angel", then we moved to a different house-I had light purple walls. I remember my Dad completely remodelled my bedroom in our new house. He ripped a wall down between 2 bedrooms, and made one big room. I had a light tan wood panelling on my walls, and I had white antique furniture, I had a corner desk and 2 dressers, I had a white canopy bed, and a big stereo system, I had a really cool shelf on my desk that I had all kinds of little knick knack things on it.

I loved my room, and I had a little Tv in my room, and lots of floor space to play.

I had a white hope chest at the end of my bed. My mom use to change my bedspreads around from winter to summer, and I always loved when she spring cleaned my room, and I'd come home from school it was always nice and clean. She would rearrange the furniture and she would wash my curtains and change all that stuff around.

I think because my mom was such a cleaning fanatic, that's why I am one now, I hate my house being messed up.

Does anyone else ever miss their bedroom that they grew up in?

I loved my closet in the 80s, and that's another thing I miss so much, is all the clothes I had back then...now I never can figure out what to wear. I hate going shopping for clothes- I never can find any I like.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My walls were covered with Heavy Metal band pictures/posters and hot babes. Pretty much a combination of Eddie's room in Trick or Treat and Buddy's room in Just One of the Guys.
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kash
Kash : Aha! He'll save every one of us...
Member # 297

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Kash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was very young I had the best bed headboard: it was a fantastic, 'Scarface' style white leather board upon which I'd stick my stickers: Marvel Superheroes, Ghostbusters, Pannini & Topps.

Much later, the headboard was gone and I put a bunch of movie posters up. Some bought, some requested and given to me by my local video store and cinema: I had a huge 'Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey' poster up there for years. No TV or games consoles allowed in my room until I was about 17...something about how my room was for studying, or doing my homework or something.

Posts: 2041 | From: The Ice Planet Hoth | Registered: Jul 2001 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stitch Groover
Rewind Groover
Member # 2895

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Stitch Groover   Email Stitch Groover   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had to share a bedroom with my younger brother, we had bunk beds. Wherever I could Ihad posters up, often Neighbours or Home and Away, Kylie, whoever was big at the time. Oh, lots of Paula Adbul posters!

I did all my homework in my room, so my desk and bookshelf were in there too.

I had a stereo next to my desk, and I would crank it up while I did my homework each night. During Year 12 (senior year), I wore out my copy of the Bangles "Everything" on cassette, coz I listened to it at least twice a night.

Posts: 3839 | From: Wangaratta, Vic, Australia | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
buffalo-girl
She's going round the outside, round the outside...
Member # 7498

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for buffalo-girl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i shared my room with my sister beverly for a while until she got married our room was boring back then until i got my own room in the house we moved into it was great i had a t.v. and stereo with huge speakers and posters all over my walls too i still remember the burt reynold's one i had from the movie smokey and the bandit he was in the white shirt with the roses on top and a cowboy hat lol i also had billy idol and the thompson twins and the stones posters dee
Posts: 1236 | From: buffalo, new york | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
P_a_u_l
Member # 1022

37 Updates!

- posted      Profile for P_a_u_l   Author's Homepage   Email P_a_u_l   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crowded..... [Frown]
Posts: 3646 | From: Shermer, IL - where else? | Registered: Mar 2001 | Site Updates: 37  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
annier
Master Rewinder
Member # 3305

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for annier   Author's Homepage   Email annier   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A mess [Smile]

Walls covered with Jim Morrison posters

Posts: 312 | From: London | Registered: Sep 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pretty much what 80s Rocked said. I had heavy metal posters intermixed with my Loni Anderson, Cheryl Tiegs posters
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, some posters, hot babes etc... I always had motorcycle parts or car parts in there too. I rebuilt a couple mini bikes and a small motorcycle 50cc in there as well. I used to bring them in at night and quietly dismantle them. Later I freed up some space in the basement, then rebuilt the garage, ran a new 100 amp service out to it, rewired it and moved out there. My mom was "not" happy. Ahhh, the 80s... [Wink]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pyro
Rewind Devotee
Member # 7658

3 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Pyro   Email Pyro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by 80'sRocked:
My walls were covered with Heavy Metal band pictures/posters and hot babes. Pretty much a combination of Eddie's room in Trick or Treat and Buddy's room in Just One of the Guys.

^Ditto
Posts: 1802 | From: Planet Druidia | Registered: Jan 2009 | Site Updates: 3  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There was hardly any space available on my bedroom walls back then. About two walls were deidicated to hockey players and Montreal Canadiens, posters of Patrick Roy, Chris Chelios, Stephane Richer, and others like Mario Lemieux and Brett Hull. Another wall was dedicated to music with posters of the Police, Nirvana, Sex Pistols, even some Ratt or Motley Crue(god I wish I had some pictures). I remember this Christina Applegate poster too where she was holding a snake. I think I still have it in storage, great visuals!
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My parents had the bedrooms split with my sister and I in one, and my two older brothers in another. Unfortunatly, my sister and I didn't get along too well so I packed up my stuff and "moved" across the hall in with my brothers. So basically the room was covered with band posters, hockey players, skanitly clad ladies, and all our jerseys and gear were hanging on the wall. (my dad installed hooks for us after us losing half our stuff) Unfortunatly, I grew up sleeping on the floor with a pillow and a Beauty and the Beast comforter. Anything was better than staying in the "girls" room with my sister. Pink walls and red carpet...wow!
Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rainbowbrite22
Given the choice, Duckie would have been Luckie...
Member # 2288

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Rainbowbrite22   Author's Homepage   Email Rainbowbrite22   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
in high school my room was done in leoppard and zebra print and i had a cute little vanity table in one corner and an entertainment center with my tv and stereo and on top of it i sat all my old 80s stuffed animals care bears my popple and rainbow brite doll it was very cute and fun then close to the end of high school i went all 80s i painted the walls rasberry fizz very funky pink and had a white bedspread that had rainbow polka dots on it and i had a sixteen candles. breakfast club and say anything posters framed and hangin up and i alos had a big yellow bean bag chair and polka dot swirl rug
Posts: 1270 | From: GA the peachie state :) | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Earlier, I had lots of music posters up...tons of Michael Jackson (Creepy), one of Culture Club, Prince, and a few others. My walls were literally covered with similar pics from magazines....the music magazines were very popular back in the day and always had fold out posters...I tracked a couple down on ebay...the exact Culture club and Michael Jackson Thriller posters I had...but no worries.....they are not on my walls...maybe someday, if I get my 80's room back. As I got older, my posters changed into the girls I had a crush on....Christie Brinkley in a blue swimsuit, Heather Thomas in a pink bikini, Kathy Smith......
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kevdugp73:
Heather Thomas in a pink bikini

What boy didn't have this classic?

-

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Didn't have that one but I did have this one with Cheryl Tiegs

-

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevdugp73
He's eating after dark again....
Member # 5978

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for kevdugp73   Email kevdugp73   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dat's da one 80's........
Posts: 2148 | From: Nova Scotia, Canada | Registered: Aug 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EJ Loves Takashi
Master Rewinder
Member # 7767

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for EJ Loves Takashi   Email EJ Loves Takashi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My brothers had not one, but two of these posters in their room. Nothing like waking up to her on either side of me! hahaha
 -

Posts: 155 | From: Today Indiana....probably tomorrow too actually! | Registered: Feb 2009 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
journey
Rewind Maestro
Member # 7316

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for journey   Email journey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The previous owner of the house we had in New York was an architect, so it was actually pretty funky for a New York suburban home. My bedroom was on a level all by itself (the 3rd story) and it had a long rectangular layout. I had a double-sized water bed, a large papasan sofa and a queen-sized bed that pulled out of the wall (not a murphy bed - it pulled out horizontally) that my friends would crash on when they stayed over. There was also an attic crawl space accessible from my room that ran about 20-30 ft. and had a clearance of about 5 ft. Plus because of the way the other bed pulled out from the wall, if you squeezed under the lip between the wall and the bed there was a secret room where the bed rolled away that was above the hallway stairs.

As a teenager I had all the requisite babe posters and a few sports ones just to balance things out. I had a full component stereo system and a 19" TV with cable, nintendo, sega and 2 vcr's (so I could dub movies). It made for quite the pad, actually. The only bad thing about it was the door. Instead of a regular door it had like this folding closet type door (with no lock). That led to my grandmother walking in on me and a girl one day. Not fun.

Posts: 835 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Aug 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home