iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » 80's makeup (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 80's makeup
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend said she was in RiteAid a few weeks ago and picked up a bunch of eye shadows that are kinda 80's styled. The bright blues, and she got a teal colored one. I don't know the name of the brand but she said it was the cheaper stuff- I think she said she bought 4 or 5 of them for like $20. One thing I do not miss is colored mascara or eyeliner. I absolutely hated blue mascara and blue or green eyeliner in the 80's, so I don't miss it now. But I have seen in magazines that they are trying to make a comeback.
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
80's make-up:

-

-

-

-  -

-  -

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

- posted      Profile for Pittsburghgirl   Email Pittsburghgirl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Holey snikeys, Hanoi Rocks! I thought Michael Monroe was beautiful! I just hope I don't see anyone out with makeup like Dee Snyder's!
Posts: 2289 | From: Pittsburgh | Registered: Nov 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was lucky enough to meet Dee Snyder at a club in NY years back. Remember the sad story about Hanoi rocks and Vince Neil?
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never liked colored mascara/eyeliner, either. I prefer mine in black.

I remember the Vince Neil/Hanoi Rocks thing, too.

Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Christina Aguilera had the Dee Snider makeup down pat in the Moulin Rouge video.

I remember the Vince Neil incident where he killed Razzle in a car crash. Real sad. I think Sixx's friend from Ratt, Crosby? died of AIDS later on.

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
Robin Crosby was a brilliant guitarist. You're right Ripper, he did die from AIDS. Two sad stories indeed. Vince Neil was driving drunk when he killed Razzle. The other two guys in the other car were seriously hurt, but survived.
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been wearing navy blue eyeliner for my whole life. I have 2 friends who are both make up artists, and they have both given me make overs...but I don't think I look good with any other color eye liner on. I actually have green eyes, but people think my eyes are blue, and it's because of the eye liner. I think black is way too dramatic looking on me....I went to a Mary Kay party last week, and I used black...and I looked like I should be walking the streets.

Other than eye liner....I don't wear much make up.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hanoi Rocks just called it a day.
They will do the last tour and after that Monroe and McCoy decided to go separate ways.

I´m just reading the Motley Crue book "the Dirt"
and that Vince/Razzle crash is a very sad story.

-

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I think back to how I did my make up in the 80s I totally wanna retch (I DO stand by my big weird hairstyles though!) I think 80s Rocked pointed out the best of the best. Everything I knew about make-up I learned from MOTLEY CRUE and POISON! (I even used to do the black striped on my face like Tommy Lee or the little black arrows in the corner of my eyes like Stephen Pearcy from RATT. LOL!)

PITTSBURGHGIRL, when I was in my early 20s I was in the Village with a bunch of my friends who were into new York Hardcore and who should come walking down St Marks Place but Michael Monroe, dressed like he was gonna hit the stage in 15 minutes! I Soooo wanted to go over and meet him but my friends were like "Who IS that fruitcake?" He looked great! All big hair, tons of makeup, a spangly purple top, tight black pants....I guess he really walks around like that 24-7! Now, of course, I wish I HAD gone over to say "Hi" to him as I was always sort of a minor HANOI ROCKS fan.

Soooo back to make up: I was all about BLUE EYESHADOW! What was I THINKING! I used to love blue mascara too. And eyeliner was sometimes blue but usually black. I did all the concealer, cover up stuff and lipstick to this day I am passionate about lipstick. I will not get the mail or throw out the garbage without lipstick on! I used to love black nailpolish. It cracks me up that my daughters frineds seem to think black nailpolish is something NEW!

Ever since I became a mother my face cant handle make up anymore( I dressed up as Boy George for an 80s party and could not stand being trapped under all that make up. I honestly have like a claustrophobic feeling when stuff is on my face).and now all I wear is chapstick and lipstick.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Robbin Crosby died of a heroin overdose. He had AIDS but that wasn't what got him.......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by MotleyRulz:
Robbin Crosby died of a heroin overdose. He had AIDS but that wasn't what got him.......

I always thought he died from the AIDS. Thanks for the update Mot.
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm... 80's makeup. [Smile]

-

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
She needs lipstick. lots and lots of red lipstick!
Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
....speaking of red lipstick, you know who I think does their make-up nicely? Gwen Stefani. She doesn't use too much and she always has a great shade of red lipstick.
TKO
Contains 0.2% of Rewind Riboflavin
Member # 1471

8 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for TKO   Email TKO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Better? [Smile]

-

Posts: 1058 | From: Echo Beach, far away in time | Registered: May 2003 | Site Updates: 8  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deathbystereo80
Rewind Guru
Member # 2005

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for deathbystereo80   Email deathbystereo80   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha TKO, very nice!

Mamamia, I totally agree with you on Gwen Sefani. She is one of the very few women who can pull of this red lipstick without looking cheap or overdone.

Posts: 562 | From: Santa Carla | Registered: Oct 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Muuuuuch bettttter!
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

mamamia, the first time I was in NYC, I remember walking around St. Mark's Place, and I bought some cool earrings from some street vendors (this was in 1987 or 88). I remember some really cool vintage clothing stores too, but my friend was not interested, being the snob that she is. I was there again 11 years ago, but just for the day. My friends and I plan on coming back next year, probably in the fall. I cannot wait, I have a whole list of stuff that I want to do. Have you ever heard of that rock-n-roll cruise ship? I'll have to find ya a link for it. I think it cruises up and down Manhattan, and there is a live band. I'd love to see Girls, Girls, Girls play on it. Have you ever seen them? I think they are from Long Island. Okay, gotta go search for a link for that rock-n-roll cruise thingey.
Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

http://www.rocksoff.com/boatcruise.html

Here is the link for the rocknroll cruise.

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

I was all about blue or purple eyeshadow in the 80's. Black mascara, black/brown eyeliner. Then I softened up mylook in '88 or '89. I wore a pink top or sweater one day, so i decided to wear pink eyeshadow with no liner on the top lid, just under the eye,and a little bit of pink blush. My roomies were ecstatic- they said I looked so nice in the pink with the pink makeup, so I have kept it that way pretty much ever since. Once in a while if I am going out for a "night on the town" I will do the smokey eye thing with dark purple and greys. My husband says I look "hot"!
80'sRocked

Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburghgirl:
My husband says I look "hot"!

Where's your profile pic? You can't type that without a pic. [Smile]
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a great cruise pittsburgh!
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
Yeah I did the ROCKS OFF cruise that had a LED LEPPELIN cover band vs. a BLACK SABBATH cover band. When the BLACK SABBATH guy dressed as OZZY walked past us I grabbed him and hugged him! I love OZZY...and this was the closest I was ever gonna get! (Actually thats not true: I DID meet OZZY a few years ago. I didnt maul him though!)

The cool thing was the people who smoke went outside to smoke and when I went out there to look for my friends that was the best part- you ride right past the Statue Of Liberty! I missed most of the LED ZEPPELIN band cuz I was outside by that point.

They have a GUNS N ROSES cover band and every summer I say Im gonna see them and then something comes up and I end up missing it.

[ 02. December 2008, 05:43: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Pittsburghgirl
Rewind Icon
Member # 7514

Oh cool, I'm glad you liked it. I will tell my friends, as this was one thing that we all wanted to do when we get our butts up there. I told everyone to sit down and figure out what they want to do and see. Hey, have you ever been to City Island? It doesn't look like lots to do there, but are there some good antique shops there? And are there still the vintage shops and street vendors around St. Mark's place, or did the mayor or the millionares get rid of that kind of stuff?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home