iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » The new Beverly Hilss 90210 is on tonight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The new Beverly Hilss 90210 is on tonight
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's on the CW channel...

http://www.cwtv.com/

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as a huge original 90210 fan, i have to say this show may have to grow on me. i think i'll need a chance to see where this show goes.

dislikes:
-hate to say it, but i don't like the fact that the son is black. i don't mean that in a racist way, but i thought it was just pandering. i was looking for the new brandon walsh. i'm sure there is some backstory that we will hear about in the future, but as of now i thought that was dumb.

- hate that the peach pit is a coffee shop now. they should have left the pit as it was and just made a new store for these kids to go to.

- didn't like the fact that kelly was a guidance counselor since she was a designer and business owner when the original stopped airing. but my wife pointed out that she majored in psych or something like that in college so being a guidance counselor could make sense.

- all of the kids are too f*****g hip. i know that beverly hills is supposed to be portrayed as another world, but i think right now these kids are too cool for themselves. they'll need to grow on me.

- i need to hear kelly's backstory(who's the dad of her kid?) because i hate that she is not with brandon or dylan. and i don't like the teacher who is flirting with her so that relationship may bother me.

i love the nods to the old show, like hannah zuckerman-vazquez making an appearance and the inclusion of the peach pit. also happy to finally see brenda walsh back. it was an outrage and a shame that brenda and brandon had no role at all in the series finally when the whole show was based around them(that's another rant for another day). i hope to see all of the old characters make some sort of appearance in the future.

Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to give the show another chance, but it just seems so patchwork and cliche ridden. The main girl is from Degrassi the next generation, a show that is the better one IMO. Her brother did a stint on the OC. The main guy/principal I immediately recognized from Sweating Bullets, and was surprised to see Lori Loughlin. It was nice to see Kelly, I just don't know if they will give the characters of the old show enough love and screen time for me to keep watching. How is this supposed to compete with the other HS shows like Degrassi or Gossip Girl etc? I think with the original 90120, it burst on the scene with mostly unknowns(maybe not Shannon Doherty), fresh faces who became stars. Even though I like the Degrassi girl, I don't know if there is enough there to sustain my interest.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home