iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » The Facts of Life-Where are they now?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Facts of Life-Where are they now?
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this on you tube, and I really like the song that is playing to the slide show, I never heard it before...but it is kind of sad, especially knowing that Charlotte Rae is gone.

Does anyone know the name of it?

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
667 - The Neighbor Of The Beast
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to IMdB Charlotte Rae is still with us

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0705989/

Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I found this on you tube, and I really like the song that is playing to the slide show, I never heard it before...but it is kind of sad, especially knowing that Charlotte Rae is gone.

Does anyone know the name of it?

You forgot to post the link. [Wink]
Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The song is called "Wheel of the World"
by Carrie Underwood.
It´s from the album "Carnival Ride", 2007.

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They wrote on there that Charlotte Rae died, and posted the date, and I sure thought I remembered hearing it too when it happened.

Can anyone tell me 100% either way?

Wow, I never would have guessed that was Carrie Underwood....I think Carrie Underwood has a beautiful voice, but they have turned her in to a total sleaze....all her songs are about her getting even with some guy...or going to bed with someone and not even knowing his last name...that just stinks.

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Sorry about the link....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDoLXgVTyIs

aTomik-how did you know what I meant...when I forgot to post the link....

[Confused]

80'sRocked

Play it Loud, Play it Proud
Member # 6979

101 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for 80'sRocked   Email 80'sRocked   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It says she is alive here:

http://www.deadoraliveinfo.com/dead.nsf/rnames-nf/Rae+Charlotte

Posts: 3614 | From: Caught Somewhere in Time.... | Registered: May 2008 | Site Updates: 101  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well ISIS, the topic title says all u need to know [Cool]
Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
So true..... [Wink]

I am so happy to know Mrs. Garret isn't dead.

For a long time I thought Richard Dawson was dead, and I thought Robert Guilliome (Benson) was Dead too.....so to find out those people aren't dead....that is so nice to know they are still on this planet.

Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

- posted      Profile for Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Author's Homepage   Email Sir Sammy Hain Esq.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the longest time I always pictured Richard Dawson as being dead too.
Posts: 4742 | From: Cell Block 6 | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sir Sammy Hain Esq.
Member # 3150

Maybe you got Charlotte Rae mixed up with Martha Raye who is indeed dead
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
No...I read she was dead on that youtube clip...underneath it...people post comments about it...and they all said she was dead...and then I thought it was true, because I thought I read it awhile ago...

I can't keep track of everyone any more.

I remember Martha Raye...I don't think I'd get those 2 confused.

Remember when Martha Raye married that really young man.....I thought if men can do the same thing...then good for her...but I think he had other motives.

mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I happened to watch DONT MESS WITH THE ZOHAN this week (terrible movie, by the way) and its plot ios about Adam Sandler as a hairdresser who "services" his customers. One of his customers was Mrs Garret!!!! So yeah- she's a live!

I just got the SEASON ONE AND TWO DVD set of FACTS OF LIFE and my husband actually watched some of it with me the other day (He said "I used to like this show!" and I said "Of course you did! It was all girls!") and it got us to talking about the people on the show:
I know the girl who played Nancy and the girl who played Jo were from Queens. There was a bowling alley near me (it just shut down this year) called WOODHAVEN LANES and my older sister would see them the FACTS OF LIFE girls there. My mother also knew "Jo"'s aunt and was on a bowling team with her (the woman once gave my mom an autograph of the guy who played "Tommy" on ALICE for me - he was "Jo"'s brother).
I told my husband I remembered always hearing the girl who played "Blaire" was very religious...and I THINK she even recorded some albums of her singing Christian music (am I right here?) and I know I read somewhere that "Tootie" just had a baby. I'm pretty sure "Natalie" is doing cartoon voice-overs- I remember the first time I watched WHATS NEW SCOOBY DOO the second "Velma" opened her mouth I was like "OhmyGod, thats Natalie!"
Well, anyway, now I think I'll go visit their IMDB pages and see what they have been up to.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
Lisa Whelchel has her own website:

http://www.lisawhelchel.com/

I always thought she was gorgeous in the first season....I loved her clothes.

Nancy(Felice Shacter)-was in the movie Zapped!, she had a small part in a movie that my friend Eddie was in ...it was called 30 years to Life.

[ 09. July 2008, 18:24: Message edited by: ISIS ]

xchazx
Rewind Guru
Member # 7158

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for xchazx   Email xchazx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the first season of the facts of life was the best. i so wanted to go visit that place with arnold and willis.
Posts: 675 | From: Miskatonic University | Registered: Jul 2008 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to say: its not as good as I remember! Maybe the show picked up speed a few seasons from now? (I just started The Jo Episodes). I really hope The Magic is not gone. I mean, yeah, I'm ENJOYING watching the show again...but I'm not getting the giddy feeling I thought I would.
Im definately not feeling the first season.

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the first season was so-so.

i peronally love jo...her attitude and her tomboyish-ness hehe- she's why i watched the show.
and i have seasons 1 though 3.. but they've stopped at 3 for some reason.. it's ticking me off.

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The blonde was always cute...

Did you know that Molly Ringwald was on the show?

"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Facts_of_Life_(TV_series)"

Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home