iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » What's up with Dynasty Season 3???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's up with Dynasty Season 3???
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's about that time...Cindy is about to go off the rails for a sec...need to vent.

Okay, so I was all in a good mood yesterday. I took a ride to Best Buy to get my Dynasty Season 3 DVD's on and I even had a gift card so I didn't have to shell out all $29.99 on my own. I get home I open the dvd and first of all, you know the plastic security tape across the top? Well, that was partially stuck to the paper with the DVD artwork and of course it ripped Blake Carrington's hair right off and part of Crystal & Alexis's too! I was like $hit [Eek!] ! Hey, I value my discs.

So I proceed to look at the DVD and I notice the words Volume 1. I didn't see that at first. So I stop and think, alright, what's up with that?? The prior two seasons I paid $24.99 and got like 22-24 episodes, which was the full season.

This is $29.99 for 12 episodes??? Are you kidding me? I have a bone to pick about this. I hate when studios start getting greedy. 12 freakin' episodes...I'll tell ya.... [Mad]

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dexter Motley Morgan
Motley Maestro
Member # 3598

- posted      Profile for Dexter Motley Morgan   Email Dexter Motley Morgan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check out some of the prices HBO charges for their shows on DVD (i.e., Sopranos and Deadwood) and then you'll see the definition of rip off......
Posts: 3845 | From: Norf Karolina | Registered: Dec 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To bad cindymancini.Hate when stuff like that happens.

Regards.

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got it in the mail today too...I never even noticed it....I didn't have time to even look at the cover yet though...glad you said something...at least you braced me for the disappointment of it. I have been dying to see what happened at the end of Season 2- it was an awesome cliff hanger...I never saw Dynasty in the 80's, because it was too "mature" for me....but I am loving watching it now. I love the beginning theme music. I love watching the lifestyles of rich people.
Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jdocster McFly you Irish bug

Member # 5752

9 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Author's Homepage   Email jdocster McFly you Irish bug   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cindymancini:
Well, that was partially stuck to the paper with the DVD artwork and of course it ripped Blake Carrington's hair right off and part of Crystal & Alexis's too! I was like $hit [Eek!] ! Hey, I value my discs.

12 freakin' episodes...I'll tell ya.... [Mad]

Funny... [Smile] That does suck. It was just funny how you put it... [Big Grin]
Posts: 2729 | From: Kansas City, MO "At the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance" | Registered: Apr 2007 | Site Updates: 9  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LISA LISA
Rewind Idol
Member # 1780

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for LISA LISA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started watching it...I think I have seen 4 episodes, and I have been realizing that they really treat woman pretty badly on this show.

I was thinking how glamourous it was, and how everyone was all dressed up and woke up each day looking beautiful.

But, I realize that Alexis has no "real job", she lives in the carriage house, and paints a little bit, and she sleeps with men to get them to do what she wants..

Crystal was a secretary....but now she does nothing but dote on Blake.....he pretty much snaps at her constantly, and tells her to mind her own business...then he says ...sorry...after she saves his life...he still is extremely hot tempered....I would have left him up on the side of the mountain....

I don't know what happened to Sammy Jo in this season....I thought she was on longer than 1 season, if that's all she was on for, she really didn't have much of a part, I thought she was on it for a long time.

Claudia is a total basketcase.....I don't think she has ever had a moment in any season that she was completely with the program. I feel so bad for her.

I use to watch Dallas in the 80's....and if I think about it....all the women on that show never had a job, they were alcoholics and slept with every one....

I guess that's what made them so good.

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

[ 27. June 2008, 14:03: Message edited by: ISIS ]

Posts: 13484 | Registered: Aug 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ISIS:
I use to watch Dallas in the 80's....and if I think about it....all the women on that show never had a job, they were alcoholics and slept with every one....

I guess that's what made them so good.

[Big Grin] [Wink] [Big Grin]

Okay, Isis, that was the best thing you ever said!! Hahaha...those women were hot! Not!
Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aTomiK
.... has green eyes as well....
Member # 6575

7 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for aTomiK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, hey, hey!
Pamela was HOT! She was no alcoholic and
she even had a job (at least at some point) [Roll Eyes]

I watched both Dallas and Dynasty in the 80´s.
Now Dynasty season 1 is released here and i just might have to pick it up.

[ 25. June 2008, 12:38: Message edited by: aTomiK ]

Posts: 7054 | From: Finland | Registered: Feb 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home