iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Best 80's slow dance memories.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Best 80's slow dance memories.
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh, funny when an old song comes on the radio, you immediately are transported back into time where you can see so clearly the times, the people, who you were with etc.

Paul Young's every time you go away came on the other day and was just thinking about this girl I barely knew, but I liked asking me to dance when this song came on. I can still almost see her hazel eyes. Here are some songs I seemed to remember dancing to once I got out of that awful wallflower stage. The songs always seem to resonate when I hear them.

Def Lep-Love Bites
George Michael-Careless Whisper
Breathe-Hands to Heaven
Jack Wagner-All I need
Boston-Amanda

Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
evilash
Master Rewinder
Member # 6155

24 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for evilash   Email evilash   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost Paradise
Open Arms- Journey

Posts: 327 | From: Lebanon, OH | Registered: Oct 2007 | Site Updates: 24  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mamamiasweetpeaches
She's with you, but she's thinking of Jake Ryan....
Member # 1715

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for mamamiasweetpeaches   Author's Homepage   Email mamamiasweetpeaches   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee, I must have never danced to a slow dance til my wedding cuz I honestly can not think of anything!

I remember when I was a kid there was a Community Center near my house that used to have dances and we would all dance together - mostly all the girls in a group- poor guys sitting on the side-lines.
To this day I cant hear these songs without thinking of those dances :

Dont Put Another Dime In The Jukebox - THE FLIRTS
Heaven Must Have Sent You - BONNIE POINTER
Mickey - TONI BASIL

The year Mickey was a hit they played it like ten times, everyone who hated that song (the boys) was in sheer agony.

[ 31. January 2008, 06:19: Message edited by: mamamiasweetpeaches ]

Posts: 4913 | From: New York | Registered: Jul 2003 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bandit
Ace Rewinder
Member # 6296

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for bandit   Author's Homepage   Email bandit   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chicago:If You Leave Me Now.Think that was pre 80s?but still very popular here at the time.Would also mention Glory of love,and Berlin:Take my breath away.

regards

Posts: 362 | From: Third rock from the sun | Registered: Nov 2007 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jessie the Sunflower Goddess
The Ultimate Rewind Princess
Member # 1877

2 Updates!

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Email Jessie the Sunflower Goddess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I hated to dance in front of anyone in the late 80s but I did slow skate with a guy that was cute and I will never forget that. It was to Careless Whisper, I was in middle school and he was 2 years older than me.
Posts: 5319 | From: KANSAS | Registered: Sep 2003 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StevenHW
Rewind Idol
Member # 509

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for StevenHW   Email StevenHW   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bandit:
Chicago: "If You Leave Me Now". Think that was pre 80s?...

It was a #1 hit single in 1976.
Posts: 3385 | From: Sacramento, California, USA | Registered: Sep 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronnie
Going to the Prom with Tommy
Member # 465

39 Updates!

- posted      Profile for Ronnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
uuhhh.. i'll never forget it. i couple skated with a cute boy to Whistle - Right Next To Me.

great memory [Smile]

Posts: 4807 | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 39  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cindymancini
Selling underpants to geeks since 1984...
Member # 679

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for cindymancini   Email cindymancini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I Won't Forget You"-Poison

Ahhh, 6th grade dance, I can still remember the boy and my outfit [Razz] .

Posts: 2234 | From: Shopping at the Galleria! | Registered: Jun 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantbuymelove
Apprentice Rewinder
Member # 6677

7 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for cantbuymelove   Email cantbuymelove   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhhh....I remember checking out my first chick at a roller skating party at the age of 12 to Foreigners "Waiting For A Girl Like You"!!
Posts: 14 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Mar 2008 | Site Updates: 7  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Riptide
Rewind Idol
Member # 457

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Riptide   Email Riptide   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
haha, the probelm when they played stairway to heaven was that buildup crazy ending, it's one of the greatest, but makes it awkward to dance to at the end.
Posts: 4413 | From: Where the streets have no name | Registered: Oct 2002 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gigawatt?

Member # 4796

2 Updates!

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for Gigawatt?   Email Gigawatt?   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by cantbuymelove:
Ahhhhh....I remember checking out my first chick at a roller skating party at the age of 12 to Foreigners "Waiting For A Girl Like You"!!

Yes sir! I remember slow dancing to Black Box at a roller disco with a girl by the name of Jenny Ryder. Unfortunately, the rubber toe stops on the front of our skates became entangled and when I tried to impress her by dropping into a roller-splits there was a terrible ripping noise followed by the twang of elastic and my sequined cat suit was catapulted clean across the rink leaving me to shoot crotch first into the drinks table wearing nothing but Jenny and horrified expression.

Not something I'd recommend.

[ 28. March 2008, 06:29: Message edited by: Gigawatt? ]

Posts: 106 | From: London, England | Registered: May 2006 | Site Updates: 2  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home