iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » the best Super Bowl of the 80s

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: the best Super Bowl of the 80s
Chris the CandyFanMan
Those Ain't Pillows......
Member # 3197

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Chris the CandyFanMan   Author's Homepage   Email Chris the CandyFanMan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As the big day dawns and the Bears and Colts prepare to take aim for the Vince Lombardi Trophy (no doubt everyone we know in Shermer is currently huddled around their set, getting ready to root their beloved Bears to victory--with the possible exception of the Russells, who, having come from Indianapolis, might sympathize with the Colts more), it seems the perfect time ask what you thought the best Super Bowl played in the 80s was. My vote goes to the first one I ever saw, Super Bowl XXIII with it's thrilling last minute drive by the 49ers (true I was rooting for the Bengals, so it was a bit disappointing--and truthfully even more diasppointing knowing that if the fog hadn't rolled into Chicago a few weeks earlier it may have been Randall Cunningham throwing that winning score...but you can't change what never was....) that capped off a well-played game between two well-matched and deserving teams (and it was even better to find to find out that John Candy had "inspired" Montana on the winning score years later).

Which Big Game gets your vote?

Posts: 2561 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pettyfan
Livin' next door to the Klopeks
Member # 2260

- posted      Profile for pettyfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Da Bears and the Patriots.
Posts: 2902 | From: Home Sweet Home | Registered: Jan 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jayeh1969
Senior Rewinder
Member # 4654

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for jayeh1969   Email jayeh1969   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Raiders defeating Washington, 83'.
Posts: 60 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2006 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home