iRewind Talk Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» iRewind Talk » 80s Culture » « 80s Culture » Arcade Games (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Arcade Games
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
terdnthepoolggb when my family went on holiday to atlanta we had a place right next door to our hotel called dave & busters,it seemed pretty cool,had a few decent arcade games in there but it was mostly a lot of games where you win tickets towards prizes,my wife got a massive teddy bear.
we really struggled trying to fit it into the suitcase for the flight back home.

[ 22. March 2013, 15:29: Message edited by: the young warrior ]

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
young warrior. Thanx for your input. There is a D&B about 50-60 minutes from my home. Thats a pretty good drive but I think they have a restaurant also dont they? If so, that would make a good family day and a nice break from CC.
Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thenodfather
Master Rewinder
Member # 8732

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for thenodfather   Email thenodfather   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a great Shoot 'Em Up. Plenty of action in this game. You need to have good reflexes to beat this one [Wink]

-

Posts: 239 | From: Ireland | Registered: Mar 2010 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the young warrior
Rewind Idol
Member # 9554

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for the young warrior   Author's Homepage   Email the young warrior   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
https://youtu.be/beoHC4KCq4I - that looks a pretty cool game thenodfather,never played it before.

-

it reminds a bit of a game i used to love playing on my amstrad cpc464 many years back called - gryzor https://youtu.be/BRvwYtEFnNs -it seems to have a similar style to midnight resistance.

the food at dave and busters was really nice from what we tried terdnthepoolggb,are the d&b franchise still going strong over there?

wish we had something similar here in the u.k.

-
a dave & busters ticket winner - "yo adrian i did it"

Posts: 3243 | From: canterbury united kingdom | Registered: Mar 2011 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just discovered a bar called 16-Bit in Columbus. Went to it two weeks ago. It has rows of old '70's - '90's games. The best bar I've ever been to!
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

- posted      Profile for TerdNthePoolGGB   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jakey V:
Just discovered a bar called 16-Bit in Columbus. Went to it two weeks ago. It has rows of old '70's - '90's games. The best bar I've ever been to!

were they .25 a game?
I looked up the site and it looks awesome. I like the names of the drinks. A must see if in the area.

Posts: 1989 | From: The deep end | Registered: Jun 2011 | Site Updates: 14  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
 - posted      Profile for Jakey V   Email Jakey V   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
quote:
Originally posted by Jakey V:

were they .25 a game?
I looked up the site and it looks awesome. I like the names of the drinks. A must see if in the area.

Free games!!! (for paying customers).
Posts: 204 | From: Columbus, OH | Registered: A Long Time Ago! | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JCU
Master Rewinder
Member # 2851

Rate Member
 - posted      Profile for JCU   Email JCU   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TerdNthePoolGGB:
quote:
Originally posted by JCU:
Even though Chuck E Cheese still exists today, it is a mere shadow of its once great self.

I absolutely, positively cannot stand that place. Aside from the skeeball and the quarterback football toss game and a couple other games it is pathetic. Maybe if the prizes were ALOT better it would be different. Any game that takes longer to incert your coin than it does to play the game is a joke and CC should be ashamed of themselves for it.
Back in the 80's it was one hell of an arcade minus the smokey and dark atmosphere. The selection of games was second to none although they had a weird policy of charging twenty five cents for the new, in demand games rather than tokens. This ****ed off many kids at the time including myself.

What was even better was a local chain called "Top Dog" of only three operations. It served the obligatory hot dogs, burgers and fries and basically it cost $0.39 cents for a regular burger or dog and $0.49 if you wanted cheese or chili. This place was crowded, hot, stuffy, etc.., You experienced the 80's arcade just with food.

Of course we also had Aladdin's Castle and a few bowling lanes with well stocked arcades too. Nowadays everything has changed and it started back with the Genesis. Thanks Sega.

Posts: 115 | From: Northeastern PA | Registered: Jun 2004 | Site Updates: 0  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

JCU. there was an Aladdins Castle here in Independemce MO.
TerdNthePoolGGB
Rewind Legend
Member # 9818

14 Updates!

JCU. there was an Aladdins Castle here in Independemce MO.
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
Walmart is selling '80s arcade games!
Jakey V
Master Rewinder
Member # 37348

Member Rated:
Did you know they had a Journey arcade machine? I had the Atari game, but this was different. Did anyone ever see or play this that could tell me about it?
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Fast Rewind Home